Holden T Maecker
Affiliation: Stanford University
- The Stanford Data Miner: a novel approach for integrating and exploring heterogeneous immunological dataJanet C Siebert
CytoAnalytics, Denver, CO, USA
J Transl Med 10:62. 2012..g., mean cytokine levels by age and gender)...
- A model for harmonizing flow cytometry in clinical trialsHolden T Maecker
Institute for Immunity, Transplantation and Infection, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Nat Immunol 11:975-8. 2010..The novel use of a central laboratory may help mitigate these issues...
- Standardizing immunophenotyping for the Human Immunology ProjectHolden T Maecker
Institute for Immunity, Transplantation and Infection, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Nat Rev Immunol 12:191-200. 2012..In this Review, we outline the current state of standardization of flow cytometry assays and summarize the steps that are required to enable the Human Immunology Project...
- New tools for classification and monitoring of autoimmune diseasesHolden T Maecker
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Nat Rev Rheumatol 8:317-28. 2012..These analyses are revealing a more comprehensive and interconnected view of the immune system than ever before and should have an important role in directing future treatment approaches for autoimmune diseases...
- Variation in the human immune system is largely driven by non-heritable influencesPetter Brodin
Science for Life Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Solna, Karolinska Institutet, 17121 Solna, Sweden Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94304, USA Institute of Immunity, Transplantation and Infection, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94304, USA
Cell 160:37-47. 2015..Lastly, in MZ twins discordant for cytomegalovirus infection, more than half of all parameters are affected. These results highlight the largely reactive and adaptive nature of the immune system in healthy individuals. ..
- Daily cytokine fluctuations, driven by leptin, are associated with fatigue severity in chronic fatigue syndrome: evidence of inflammatory pathologyElizabeth Ann Stringer
Department of Anesthesiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94304, USA
J Transl Med 11:93. 2013..Single time-point approaches potentially overlook important features of CFS, such as fluctuations in fatigue severity. We have observed that individuals with CFS demonstrate significant day-to-day variability in their fatigue severity...
- Barcoding of live human peripheral blood mononuclear cells for multiplexed mass cytometryHenrik E Mei
Human Immune Monitoring Center, Institute for Immunity, Transplantation and Infection, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 and
J Immunol 194:2022-31. 2015..Hence, CD45 barcoding facilitates accuracy of mass cytometric immunophenotyping studies, thus supporting biomarker discovery efforts, and it should be applicable to fluorescence flow cytometry as well. ..
- The Split Virus Influenza Vaccine rapidly activates immune cells through Fcγ receptorsWilliam E O'Gorman
The Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, United States
Vaccine 32:5989-97. 2014....
- Apoptosis and other immune biomarkers predict influenza vaccine responsivenessDavid Furman
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA 94305, USA
Mol Syst Biol 9:659. 2013..The identification of these biomarkers provides new insights into what immune features may be most important for immune health...
- Experimental pain and opioid analgesia in volunteers at high risk for obstructive sleep apneaAnthony G Doufas
Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e54807. 2013..Using accepted experimental pain models, we characterized pain processing and opioid analgesia in male volunteers recruited based on their risk for OSA...
- New technologies for autoimmune disease monitoringHolden T Maecker
Institute for Immunity, Transplantation, and Infection Operations, USA
Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes 17:322-8. 2010..This article will review new technologies used to characterize the immune phenotype of cells and serum for potential use in studies of autoimmunity...