Steven Seth Lipman
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Response times for emergency cesarean delivery: use of simulation drills to assess and improve obstetric team performanceS S Lipman
Division of Obstetric Anesthesia, Department of Anesthesiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Lucile Packard Children s Hospital, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Perinatol 33:259-63. 2013..We documented time to key milestones and determined reasons for transport-related delays during simulated emergency cesarean...
- Transport decreases the quality of cardiopulmonary resuscitation during simulated maternal cardiac arrestSteven S Lipman
Department of Anesthesia, Stanford University, 300 Pasteur Dr, MC5640, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Anesth Analg 116:162-7. 2013..We hypothesized that the quality of CPR would deteriorate during transport...
- Deficits in the provision of cardiopulmonary resuscitation during simulated obstetric crisesSteven S Lipman
Department of Anesthesiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 9430, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 203:179.e1-5. 2010..Previous work suggests the potential for suboptimal cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in the parturient but did not directly assess actual performance...
- The case for OBLS: a simulation-based obstetric life support programSteven Seth Lipman
Division of Obstetric Anesthesia, Lucile Packard Children s Hospital, Department of Anesthesiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94035, USA
Semin Perinatol 35:74-9. 2011..OBLS would emphasize high quality basic life support, uterine displacement, use of an automatic external defibrillator, and delivery of the fetus within 5 minutes of maternal arrest should resuscitative efforts prove ineffective...
- Labor room setting compared with the operating room for simulated perimortem cesarean delivery: a randomized controlled trialSteve Lipman
Department of Anesthesia and Obstetrics and Gynecology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Obstet Gynecol 118:1090-4. 2011..We hypothesized transport to the operating room for perimortem cesarean delivery would delay incision and other important resuscitation milestones...
- Patient preferences for anesthesia outcomes associated with cesarean deliveryBrendan Carvalho
Department of Anesthesia, H3580, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Anesth Analg 101:1182-7, table of contents. 2005..Common side effects such as pruritus and shivering caused only moderate concern. This information should be used to guide anesthetic choices, e.g., inclusion of spinal opioids given in adequate doses...
- Intraoperative forced air-warming during cesarean delivery under spinal anesthesia does not prevent maternal hypothermiaAlexander J Butwick
Department of Anesthesia, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Anesth Analg 105:1413-9, table of contents. 2007..We tested the hypothesis that intraoperative lower body forced air-warming prevents hypothermia in patients undergoing elective cesarean delivery with spinal anesthesia...