Michael Z Lin
Affiliation: Stanford University
- TimeSTAMP tagging of newly synthesized proteinsMichael Z Lin
Department of Pediatrics and Programs in Gene Therapy and Molecular Imaging, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Curr Protoc Protein Sci . 2010..Addition of a specific protease inhibitor then allows preservation of the tag on subsequently synthesized proteins. Finally, the tag is detected by immunological methods...
- Beyond the rainbow: new fluorescent proteins brighten the infrared sceneMichael Z Lin
Departments of Pediatrics and Bioengineering, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Nat Methods 8:726-8. 2011..Two fluorescent proteins that emit in the far-red and infrared range for imaging applications in cells and in vivo are described...
- Improving FRET dynamic range with bright green and red fluorescent proteinsAmy J Lam
Department of Bioengineering, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Nat Methods 9:1005-12. 2012..These improvements enhance detection of transient biochemical events such as neuronal action-potential firing and RhoA activation in growth cones...
- High-fidelity optical reporting of neuronal electrical activity with an ultrafast fluorescent voltage sensorFrançois St-Pierre
1 Department of Bioengineering, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA 2 Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Nat Neurosci 17:884-9. 2014..With a favorable combination of brightness, dynamic range and speed, ASAP1 enables continuous monitoring of membrane potential in neurons at kilohertz frame rates using standard epifluorescence microscopy...
- Photoswitchable fluorescent proteins: ten years of colorful chemistry and exciting applicationsXin X Zhou
Department of Bioengineering, Stanford University, Mailcode 5164, Stanford, CA 94305, United States
Curr Opin Chem Biol 17:682-90. 2013..Applications of RSFPs include new types of live-cell superresolution imaging, tracking of protein movements and interactions, information storage, and optical control of protein activity. ..
- Fluorescent and photo-oxidizing TimeSTAMP tags track protein fates in light and electron microscopyMargaret T Butko
Department of Pharmacology and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Nat Neurosci 15:1742-51. 2012..These results demonstrate the versatility of the TimeSTAMP approach for visualizing newly synthesized proteins in neurons...