Affiliation: Stanford University
- Are young injection drug users ready and willing to participate in preventive HCV vaccine trials?Vivian Levy
San Mateo County Health Systems, San Mateo, CA, USA
Vaccine 28:5947-51. 2010..Educational strategies will be needed to ensure understanding of key concepts prior to implementing HCV vaccine trials...
- Self-collection of specimens for nucleic acid-based diagnosis of pharyngeal, cervicovaginal, urethral, and rectal Neisseria gonorrhoeae and Chlamydia trachomatis infectionsVivian Levy
San Mateo County Health System, San Mateo, CA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 903:407-18. 2012..Verification studies need to be done prior to processing pharyngeal and rectal specimens. We review specimen collection and test characteristics of NAATs at different anatomical sites...
- Escherichia coli myonecrosis in alcoholic cirrhosisVivian Levy
Stanford University School of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases and Geographic Medicine, California 94305, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 36:443-5. 2003..Intestinal edema due to portal hypertension is thought to have facilitated mucosal microperforations and bacteremia. Awareness of this unusual presentation may facilitate earlier diagnosis...
- Antiretroviral therapy for hepatitis B virus-HIV-coinfected patients: promises and pitfallsVivian Levy
Stanford University Division of Infectious Diseases, USA
Clin Infect Dis 43:904-10. 2006....
- Factors in the delayed HIV presentation of immigrants in Northern California: implications for voluntary counseling and testing programsVivian Levy
Stanford University School of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases and Geographic Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 9:49-54. 2007..These results support augmentation of STI/HIV voluntary clinical testing and partner notification services along the Mexico-California migrant corridor...
- Hepatitis B sero-prevalence and risk behaviors among immigrant men in a population-based household survey in low-income neighborhoods of northern CaliforniaVivian Levy
San Mateo County Health Department, San Mateo Medical Center Edison Clinic, San Mateo, CA 94403, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 12:828-33. 2010..We evaluate HBV sero-prevalence, risk behaviors and self-reported vaccination among Latino immigrant, Asian immigrant and US born low income men in five northern California counties...
- HIV-related risk behavior among Hispanic immigrant men in a population-based household survey in low-income neighborhoods of northern CaliforniaVivian Levy
Division of Infectious Diseases and Geographic Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Sex Transm Dis 32:487-90. 2005..We compared risk behaviors and HIV testing between recent (in the U.S. <5 years) and established (in the U.S. >5 years) Hispanic immigrant men (N = 410)...
- Time to clearance of Chlamydia trachomatis ribosomal RNA in women treated for chlamydial infectionCybèle A Renault
Stanford University School of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases and Geographic Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5107, USA
Sex Health 8:69-73. 2011..We estimated the time to clearance of Chlamydia trachomatis (CT) ribosomal RNA (rRNA) after administration of azithromycin for cervical chlamydial infection using APTIMA Combo 2 (Gen-Probe, Inc., San Diego, CA, USA)...
- Risk factors for Chlamydia among young women in a northern california juvenile detention facility: implications for community interventionDiana D McDonnell
San Mateo County Health Department, San Mateo, California, USA
Sex Transm Dis 36:S29-33. 2009..We, therefore, sought to identify risk factors for urogenital chlamydia among young women in a county juvenile detention facility between 2002 and 2005...