Leslie S Kinder
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Depressive symptomatology and coronary heart disease in Type I diabetes mellitus: a study of possible mechanismsLeslie S Kinder
Stanford Center for Research in Disease Prevention, School of Medicine, Stanford University, USA
Health Psychol 21:542-52. 2002..Future research should clarify causal pathways between depressive symptomatology, behavioral and physiological processes, and CHD...
- Depression and the metabolic syndrome in young adults: findings from the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination SurveyLeslie S Kinder
Stanford Center for Research in Disease Prevention, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Psychosom Med 66:316-22. 2004..The aim of this study was to establish an association between depression and the metabolic syndrome in a nationally representative sample...
- Improving depression care in patients with diabetes and multiple complicationsLeslie S Kinder
Health Services Research and Development, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
J Gen Intern Med 21:1036-41. 2006..Competing clinical demands and treatment resistance may make it especially difficult to improve depressive symptoms in patients with diabetes who have multiple complications...
- Depression, posttraumatic stress disorder, and mortalityLeslie S Kinder
Health Services Research and Development, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, Washington, USA
Psychosom Med 70:20-6. 2008..To determine whether a history of depression and/or posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is associated with all-cause mortality in primary care patients over an average of 2 years...
- Symptoms of depression as a risk factor for incident diabetes: findings from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Epidemiologic Follow-up Study, 1971-1992Mercedes R Carnethon
Stanford Center for Research in Disease Prevention and the Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA 60611, USA
Am J Epidemiol 158:416-23. 2003..Results suggest an independent role for depressive symptoms in the development of diabetes in populations with low educational attainment...
- Alcohol screening scores and all-cause mortality in male Veterans Affairs patientsLeslie S Kinder
Northwest Center of Excellence for Health Services Research and Development, Department of Veterans Affairs, 1100 Olive Way, Suite 1400, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 70:253-60. 2009..This study examined the association between scores (ranging from 0 to 12) on the three-item Alcohol Use Disorder Identification Test-Consumption Questionnaire (AUDIT-C) and mortality...