James Holland Jones
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Fetal programming: adaptive life-history tactics or making the best of a bad start?James Holland Jones
Department of Anthropological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Am J Hum Biol 17:22-33. 2005..When a high-investment strategy entails survival costs, the alternate strategy of early reproduction with relatively low investment may have higher fitness than trying to play the high-investment strategy and failing...
- Early assessment of anxiety and behavioral response to novel swine-origin influenza A(H1N1)James Holland Jones
Department of Anthropology, Stanford University, Stanford, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e8032. 2009..g., social distancing) during the early phase of an epidemic, but data on risk perception and behavioral response to a novel virus is usually collected with a substantial delay or after an epidemic has run its course...
- Phenotypic quality influences fertility in Gombe chimpanzeesJames Holland Jones
Department of Anthropology, Stanford University, 450 Serra Mall, Bldg 50, Stanford, CA 94305 2034, USA
J Anim Ecol 79:1262-9. 2010..This interpretation is supported by the correlation of individual heterogeneity scores with similar independent measures of body mass...
- Primates and the evolution of long, slow life historiesJames Holland Jones
Department of Anthropology, Woods Institute for the Environment, Stanford University 450 Serra Mall, Building 50, Stanford, CA 94305 2034, USA
Curr Biol 21:R708-17. 2011....
- Plague outbreaks in prairie dog populations explained by percolation thresholds of alternate host abundanceDaniel J Salkeld
Woods Institute for the Environment and Department of Anthropology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:14247-50. 2010..Furthermore, abundance thresholds of alternate hosts may be a key phenomenon determining outbreaks of disease in many multihost-disease systems...
- Demographic Change and Dependent Social StructuresJames Jones; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..