Tyson H Holmes
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Mental illness and intensification of diabetes medications: an observational cohort studySusan M Frayne
Department of Veterans Affairs HSR and D Center for Innovation to Implementation Ci2i, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, 795 Willow Road 152 MPD, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 14:458. 2014....
- Bayesian immunological model development from the literature: example investigation of recent thymic emigrantsTyson H Holmes
Stanford Center for Sleep Sciences and Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, 401 Quarry Road, Stanford, CA 94305 5718, USA Electronic address
J Immunol Methods 414:32-50. 2014..Estimates from this model indicate that 21 years of age is plausible for the developmental timing of mean age of onset of decline in T-cell receptor excision circle content of peripheral T cells...
- Advantages of Joint Modeling of Component HIV Risk Behaviors and Non-Response: Application to Randomized Trials in Cocaine-Dependent and Methamphetamine-Dependent PopulationsTyson H Holmes
Division of Sleep Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine Stanford, CA, USA
Front Psychiatry 2:41. 2011..No evidence for an effect of pharmacotherapies was observed, except to reduce missing assessments. Univariate-outcome modeling is not recommended for the HRBS...
- A method for estimating normative distributions for study-specific populations of clinical trialsTyson H Holmes
Division of Sleep Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, 701A Welch Road A2226, Palo Alto, CA 94305 5718, USA
Contemp Clin Trials 33:445-9. 2012..The method is illustrated using data on a depression instrument (GRID Hamilton Rating Scale for Depression) and a neurocognitive instrument (CogScreen Pathfinder Number) from a multicenter clinical trial in sleep apnea patients...
- Ten categories of statistical errors: a guide for research in endocrinology and metabolismTyson H Holmes
Stanford University School of Medicine, Department of Health Research and Policy, Division of Biostatistics, HRP Redwood Building, Rm T160C, Stanford CA 94305 5405, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 286:E495-501. 2004..A review of recent issues of American Journal of Physiology: Endocrinology and Metabolism and of Endocrinology finds that very small sample sizes may be the most prevalent cause of statistical error in this literature...
- Humoral and cellular immune responses in children given annual immunization with trivalent inactivated influenza vaccineAlenka M Zeman
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5208, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:107-15. 2007..There have been no prior reports of the frequency of circulating influenza-specific, interferon gamma-producing memory CD4+ and CD8+ T-cells in healthy children who have received multiple influenza immunizations...
- Effects of continuous positive airway pressure on neurocognitive function in obstructive sleep apnea patients: The Apnea Positive Pressure Long-term Efficacy Study (APPLES)Clete A Kushida
Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
Sleep 35:1593-602. 2012..To determine the neurocognitive effects of continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) therapy on patients with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)...
- Persistent and selective deficiency of CD4+ T cell immunity to cytomegalovirus in immunocompetent young childrenWenwei Tu
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Immunol 172:3260-7. 2004..Thus, CD4(+) T cell-mediated immunity to CMV in humans is generated in an age-dependent manner, and may have a substantial role in controlling renal viral replication and urinary shedding...
- Phenotypic and functional status of intrahepatic T cells in chronic hepatitis CJinhui Wang
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
J Infect Dis 194:1068-77. 2006..The distinct characteristics of intrahepatic T cells suggest that they play an important role in the immunopathogenesis of chronic hepatitis C...
- Mental illness-related disparities in length of stay: algorithm choice influences resultsSusan M Frayne
Center for Health Care Evaluation, Department of Veterans Affairs VA Palo Alto Health Care System, 795 Willow Road 152 MPD, Palo Alto, CA 94025, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 47:709-18. 2010..001), for the most refined algorithm. Researchers can improve the quality of data applied to VHA systems redesign by applying methodological considerations raised by this study to inform LOS algorithm choice...
- Simple counts of ADL dependencies do not adequately reflect older adults' preferences toward states of functional impairmentTamara Sims
Center for Primary Care and Outcomes Research, 117 Encina Commons, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305 6019, United States
J Clin Epidemiol 61:1261-70. 2008..To test this assumption, we analyzed standard gamble (SG) utilities of single and combination ADL dependencies among older adults...
- Baseline levels of influenza-specific CD4 memory T-cells affect T-cell responses to influenza vaccinesXiao Song He
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e2574. 2008..Factors affecting immune responses to influenza vaccines have not been studied systematically. We hypothesized that T-cell and antibody responses to the vaccines are functions of pre-existing host immunity against influenza antigens...
- Phenotypic changes in influenza-specific CD8+ T cells after immunization of children and adults with influenza vaccinesXiao Song He
Departments of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford
J Infect Dis 197:803-11. 2008..These differences are potentially affected by the different routes of vaccination and pathways of antigen presentation for TIV and LAIV...
- Analysis of the frequencies and of the memory T cell phenotypes of human CD8+ T cells specific for influenza A virusesXiao Song He
Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
J Infect Dis 187:1075-84. 2003..The different patterns of CD27 expression in influenza virus- and cytomegalovirus-specific CD8+ T cells suggest that influenza virus-specific memory and effector CD8+ T cells can be differentiated by phenotypic analysis...
- Variability and gender differences in memory T cell immunity to varicella-zoster virus in healthy adultsNicola P Klein
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 520, USA
Vaccine 24:5913-8. 2006..Taken together, results suggest that further studies regarding immunization of younger adults and females with the modified, high-potency live attenuated VZV vaccine may be warranted...
- Comparison of the influenza virus-specific effector and memory B-cell responses to immunization of children and adults with live attenuated or inactivated influenza virus vaccinesSanae Sasaki
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA, USA
J Virol 81:215-28. 2007....
- Cellular immune responses in children and adults receiving inactivated or live attenuated influenza vaccinesXiao Song He
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Virol 80:11756-66. 2006..In conclusion, our findings identify age, type of vaccine, and prevaccination levels of immune reactivity to influenza A virus as factors significantly associated with the magnitude of cellular immune responses to influenza vaccines...
- Candidate early predictors for progression to joint damage in systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritisChristy Sandborg
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, University Medical Center, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Rheumatol 33:2322-9. 2006..To assess if joint damage at 2 years after diagnosis in patients with systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis (SJIA) can be predicted by clinical or laboratory features assessed up to 3 or 6 months after diagnosis...
- Composite spirometric-computed tomography outcome measure in early cystic fibrosis lung diseaseTerry E Robinson
Pediatric Pulmonary Division, Stanford University Medical Center, 701 Welch Road, Whelan Building 3328, Palo Alto, CA 94304 5786
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 168:588-93. 2003....
- T cell-dependent production of IFN-gamma by NK cells in response to influenza A virusXiao Song He
Department of Medicine, Stanford University of School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
J Clin Invest 114:1812-9. 2004..Taken together, these results suggest that at an early stage of recurrent viral infection, NK-mediated innate immunity to the virus is enhanced by preexisting virus-specific T cells...
- T-cell immunity to subclinical cytomegalovirus infection reduces cardiac allograft diseaseWenwei Tu
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5164, USA
Circulation 114:1608-15. 2006..How subclinical viral replication influences cardiac allograft disease remains poorly understood, as does the importance of T-cell immunity in controlling such replication...
- Antiviral CD8 T cells in the control of primary human cytomegalovirus infection in early childhoodSharon F Chen
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Infect Dis 189:1619-27. 2004..Because these healthy children continue to have local CMV replication, we suggest that CD8 T cells may function primarily to prevent symptomatic, disseminated disease...
- Dopamine D3 Receptor Antagonist (GSK598809) Potentiates the Hypertensive Effects of Cocaine in Conscious, Freely-Moving DogsNathan M Appel
Division of Pharmacotherapies and Medical Consequences of Drug Abuse, National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland N M A, S H L, J B A and Stanford Center for Sleep Sciences and Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California T H H
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 354:484-92. 2015..This finding suggests that GSK598809 in particular, and perhaps dopamine D3 receptor antagonists as a class, may produce unacceptable cardiovascular risks as medications to treat cocaine use disorder. ..
- The Apnea Positive Pressure Long-term Efficacy Study (APPLES): rationale, design, methods, and proceduresClete A Kushida
Stanford Universit y, Stanfbrd, CA, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 2:288-300. 2006..To assess the size, time course, and durability of the effects of long-term continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) therapy on neurocognitive function, mood, sleepiness, and quality of life in patients with obstructive sleep apnea...
- Expression of chemokine receptors on intrahepatic and peripheral lymphocytes in chronic hepatitis C infection: its relationship to liver inflammationJinhui Wang
Stanford University School of Medicine, California, USA
J Infect Dis 190:989-97. 2004..Intrahepatic lymphocytes are believed to be directly involved in the immunopathogenesis of chronic liver diseases. Little is known about the trafficking of lymphocytes into the liver and their role in chronic hepatitis C infection...