Affiliation: Stanford University
- Neuronal Rac1 is required for learning-evoked neurogenesisUrsula Haditsch
Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Neurosci 33:12229-41. 2013....
- A central role for the small GTPase Rac1 in hippocampal plasticity and spatial learning and memoryUrsula Haditsch
Department of Neurosurgery, Stanford School of Medicine, 1201 Welch Rd, MSLS P304, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 41:409-19. 2009..Furthermore, Rac1 mutants display deficits in working/episodic-like memory in the delayed matching-to-place (DMP) task suggesting that Rac1 is a central regulator of rapid encoding of novel spatial information in vivo...
- Absence of CCL2 is sufficient to restore hippocampal neurogenesis following cranial irradiationStar W Lee
Stanford University, Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5454, USA
Brain Behav Immun 30:33-44. 2013..This identifies CCL2 signaling as a potential clinical target for moderating the long-term defects in neural stem cell function following cranial radiation in children...
- PPARγ activation prevents impairments in spatial memory and neurogenesis following transient illnessBrandi K Ormerod
Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Brain Behav Immun 29:28-38. 2013..These data may highlight novel mechanisms behind chronic inflammatory and neuroinflammatory episodes that are known to compromise hippocampus-dependent forms of learning and memory...
- Stereotypical alterations in cortical patterning are associated with maternal illness-induced placental dysfunctionPamela A Carpentier
Stanford University, Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5454
J Neurosci 33:16874-88. 2013..These data illustrate how the timing of an illness-related placental vulnerability causes developmental alterations in neuroanatomical systems and behaviors that are relevant to autism spectrum disorders. ..