Affiliation: Stanford University
- Restless pillow, ruffled mind: sleep and affect coupling in interepisode bipolar disorderANDA GERSHON
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University, 401 Quarry Road, Stanford, CA 94305 5717, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 121:863-73. 2012..Findings support the coupling of sleep disturbance and negative affect during interepisode bipolar disorder. Ongoing monitoring of sleep-affect coupling may provide an important target for intervention in bipolar disorder...
- The long-term impact of early adversity on late-life psychiatric disordersANDA GERSHON
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, 401 Quarry Road, Stanford, CA 94305 5717, USA
Curr Psychiatry Rep 15:352. 2013..We conclude with clinical implications, methodological challenges and suggestions for future research...
- Life stress and first onset of psychiatric disorders in daughters of depressed mothersANDA GERSHON
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, United States
J Psychiatr Res 45:855-62. 2011..We discuss the implications of these findings in the context of a stress-generation model for the intergenerational transmission of psychiatric risk among children of depressed mothers...
- Social support and social strain in inter-episode bipolar disorderPolina Eidelman
San Francisco Bay Area Center for Cognitive Therapy, Oakland, CA, USA
Bipolar Disord 14:628-40. 2012..This study focused on social support and social strain and their cross-sectional associations with instabilities in sleep and social rhythms in inter-episode bipolar disorder (BD)...
- Sleep disturbance in pediatric PTSD: current findings and future directionsBen Kovachy
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 9:501-10. 2013....