Affiliation: Stanford University
- Multiplexed proximity ligation assays to profile putative plasma biomarkers relevant to pancreatic and ovarian cancerSimon Fredriksson
Stanford Genome Technology Center, Bio X, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
Clin Chem 54:582-9. 2008..Sensitive methods are needed for biomarker discovery and validation. We tested one promising technology, multiplex proximity ligation assay (PLA), in a pilot study profiling plasma biomarkers in pancreatic and ovarian cancer...
- Multiplexed protein detection by proximity ligation for cancer biomarker validationSimon Fredriksson
Stanford Genome Technology Center, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Nat Methods 4:327-9. 2007..The procedure can use a single polyclonal antibody batch for each target protein, simplifying affinity-reagent creation for new biomarker candidates...
- Multiplex amplification of all coding sequences within 10 cancer genes by Gene-CollectorSimon Fredriksson
Stanford Genome Technology Center, Bio X, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 35:e47. 2007..Gene-Collector has utility for numerous applications such as high throughput resequencing, SNP analyses, and pathogen detection...
- Multigene amplification and massively parallel sequencing for cancer mutation discoveryFredrik Dahl
Stanford Genome Technology Center, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:9387-92. 2007..Seven cancer cell lines and one normal genomic DNA sample were studied with multiple mutations and polymorphisms identified among the 10 genes. Mutations and polymorphisms in the TP53 gene were confirmed by traditional sequencing...
- A sensitive proximity ligation assay for active PSALei Zhu
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Biomedicum/Helsinki University Central Hospital, FI-00029 Helsinki, Finland
Biol Chem 387:769-72. 2006..Our results show that a highly sensitive immunopeptidometric assay can be developed using proximity ligation. This principle should facilitate establishment of specific assays for active forms of other proteases...
- Detection of individual microbial pathogens by proximity ligationSigrun M Gustafsdottir
The Beijer Laboratory, Department of Genetics and Pathology, Rudbeck Laboratory, Uppsala, Sweden
Clin Chem 52:1152-60. 2006..CONCLUSIONS: This method enables detection of ligated DNA strands with good sensitivity by real-time PCR and could be of value for early diagnosis of infectious disease and in biodefense...
- Proximity ligation assays for sensitive and specific protein analysesSigrun M Gustafsdottir
Rudbeck Laboratory, Department of Genetics and Pathology, Uppsala University, SE-75185 Uppsala, Sweden
Anal Biochem 345:2-9. 2005
- Cytokine detection by antibody-based proximity ligationMats Gullberg
The Beijer Laboratory, Department of Genetics and Pathology, Rudbeck Laboratory, Uppsala University, SE-75185 Uppsala, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:8420-4. 2004..The technique is applied to measure cytokines in a homogenous test format with femtomolar detection sensitivities in 1-microl samples, and we exemplify its utility in situations when only minute sample amounts are available...
- A sense of closeness: protein detection by proximity ligationMats Gullberg
The Beijer Laboratory, Department of Genetics and Pathology, Rudbeck Laboratory, SE-751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Curr Opin Biotechnol 14:82-6. 2003..Through a ligation reaction a DNA reporter sequence is created, which can be amplified. The procedure thus encodes detected proteins as specific nucleic acid sequences in what may be viewed as a reverse translation reaction...
- Protein detection using proximity-dependent DNA ligation assaysSimon Fredriksson
The Beijer Laboratory, Department of Genetics and Pathology, Rudbeck Laboratory, SE-75185 Uppsala, Sweden
Nat Biotechnol 20:473-7. 2002..This proximity ligation assay detects zeptomole (40 x 10(-21) mol) amounts of the cytokine platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) without washes or separations, and the mechanism can be generalized to other forms of protein analysis...
- Effect of oligonucleotide truncation on single-nucleotide distinction by solid-phase hybridizationMagnus Jobs
Center for Genomics and Bioinformatics, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Anal Chem 74:199-202. 2002..We conclude that at optimal temperatures greater oligonucleotide quality can improve the performance of oligonucleotide hybridization microarrays...