William C Dement
Affiliation: Stanford University
- History of sleep medicineWilliam C Dement
Stanford Sleep Disorders and Research Center, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Neurol Clin 23:945-65, v. 2005....
- Knocking on Kleitman's door: the view from 50 years laterWilliam C Dement
Sleep Med Rev 7:289-92. 2003
- Sleep extension: getting as much extra sleep as possibleWilliam C Dement
The Stanford Sleep Disorders Clinic and Research Center, Stanford University, 701 Welch Road, Suite 2226, Stanford, CA 94304, USA
Clin Sports Med 24:251-68, viii. 2005..Several observations and studies demonstrate that almost everyone is sleep deprived and carries some amount of sleep debt. How long such an indebtedness will persist without change if no extra sleep is obtained is not known...
- The Apnea Positive Pressure Long-term Efficacy Study (APPLES): rationale, design, methods, and proceduresClete A Kushida
Stanford Universit y, Stanfbrd, CA, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 2:288-300. 2006..To assess the size, time course, and durability of the effects of long-term continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) therapy on neurocognitive function, mood, sleepiness, and quality of life in patients with obstructive sleep apnea...
- Armodafinil, the R-enantiomer of modafinil: wake-promoting effects and pharmacokinetic profile in the ratJonathan P Wisor
Stanford Sleep Disorders Clinic and Research Laboratory, 701 Welch Rd, Suite 2226, Stanford, CA 94304, USA
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 85:492-9. 2006....
- The impact of extended sleep on daytime alertness, vigilance, and moodBiren B Kamdar
Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Sleep Med 5:441-8. 2004..Past extension studies report conflicting results with regard to Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT) scores, vigilance, and mood ratings. No study has challenged subjects to maximum sleep extension, defined by an MSLT score of 20...
- History of the development of sleep medicine in the United StatesJohn W Shepard
Sleep Disorders Center, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 1:61-82. 2005....
- Review of "Sleep disorders for dummies"William C Dement
J Clin Sleep Med 1:209; author reply 210. 2005
- Pubertal changes in daytime sleepiness. 1980Mary A Carskadon
Sleep 25:453-60. 2002
- Awareness of sleepiness and ability to predict sleep onset: can drivers avoid falling asleep at the wheel?Katherine A Kaplan
Department of Psychology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Sleep Med 9:71-9. 2007....