Adam E Cohen
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Suppressing Brownian motion of individual biomolecules in solutionAdam E Cohen
Department of Physics, Stanford University, 381 Via Pueblo Mall, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:4362-5. 2006..We also demonstrate trapping and manipulation of single virus particles, lipid vesicles, and fluorescent semiconductor nanocrystals...
- Controlling Brownian motion of single protein molecules and single fluorophores in aqueous bufferAdam E Cohen
Dept of Chemistry, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Opt Express 16:6941-56. 2008..The feedback latency is set by the finite rate of arrival of photons. We demonstrate trapping of individual molecules of the protein GroEL in buffer, and we show confinement of single fluorophores of the dye Cy3 in water...
- Internal mechanical response of a polymer in solutionAdam E Cohen
Department of Physics, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Phys Rev Lett 98:116001. 2007..We find a nonmonotonic radial dependence of the relaxation time. In contrast with earlier measurements on freely diffusing dsDNA, we observe clear signs of internal hydrodynamic interactions...
- Resonant enhancement and dissipation in nonequilibrium van der Waals forcesAdam E Cohen
Department of Physics, 382 Via Pueblo Mall, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305-4060, USA
Phys Rev Lett 91:233202. 2003....
- Force-extension curve of a polymer in a high-frequency electric fieldAdam E Cohen
Department of Physics, 382 Via Pueblo Mall, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305 4060, USA
Phys Rev Lett 91:235506. 2003..A sufficiently strong ac field causes the polymer to extend spontaneously to almost its full contour length. The theory is applied to recent experiments on dielectrophoretic stretching of DNA...