Affiliation: Stanford University
- Investigation of proton density for measuring tissue temperatureJing Chen
Department of Electrical Engineering, Stanford University, Lucas MRS Imaging Center, Rm P064, 1201 Welch Road, Stanford, CA 94305 5488, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 23:430-4. 2006..To examine the temperature dependence of the proton density (PD) in both adipose and muscle tissues, and the application of the PD as a thermometry parameter in breast tissues...
- Monitoring prostate thermal therapy with diffusion-weighted MRIJing Chen
Department of Electrical Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305 5488, USA
Magn Reson Med 59:1365-72. 2008..This study shows that DWI could be a promising method to monitor prostate thermal therapies and to provide insight on tissue damage and tissue remodeling after injury...
- Magnetic resonance-guided high-intensity ultrasound ablation of the prostateKim Butts Pauly
Department of Radiology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305 5488, USA
Top Magn Reson Imaging 17:195-207. 2006..This paper describes our work in developing techniques and devices for magnetic resonance (MR)-guided high-intensity ultrasound ablation of the prostate and includes review of relevant literature...
- Rapid MR-ARFI method for focal spot localization during focused ultrasound therapyElena A Kaye
Department of Electrical Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Magn Reson Med 65:738-43. 2011..Echo-planar imaging-based displacement images also demonstrate sufficient sensitivity to phase aberrations and can serve as rapid feedback for adaptive focusing in brain treatments and other applications...
- [Relationship between visceral adipose tissue and prevalence of metabolic syndrome MS in patients with MS, and hypertension and/or diabetes]Jing Chen
Department of Hypertension and Endocrinology and Chongqing Institute of Hypertension, Center for Hypertension and Metabolic Diseases, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400042, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 86:2110-3. 2006..To investigate the relationship between the visceral adipose (VA) accumulation and the prevalence of metabolic syndrome (MS) in patients with MS, and hypertension and/or diabetes...
- Proton and photon absorbed-dose conversion coefficients for embryo and foetus from top-down irradiation geometryJing Chen
Radiation Protection Bureau, Health Canada, Ottawa, Canada
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 124:85-8. 2007..They can, therefore, be used in various applications whenever exposure from the TOP-irradiation direction is concerned...
- Development and application of real-time PCR assays for quantification of erm genes conferring resistance to macrolides-lincosamides-streptogramin B in livestock manure and manure management systemsJing Chen
The MAPLE Research Initiative, Department of Animal Sciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:4407-16. 2007..These real-time PCR assays provide a rapid, quantitative, and cultivation-independent measurement of six major classes of erm genes, which should be useful for ecological studies of AR...
- Dynamin 2 mediates fluid-phase micropinocytosis in epithelial cellsHong Cao
Mayo Clinic, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and the Miles and Shirley Fiterman Center for Digestive Diseases, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Cell Sci 120:4167-77. 2007....
- Purification and characterization of two thermostable proteases from the thermophilic fungus Chaetomium thermophilumAn Na Li
Department of Environmental Biology, Shandong Agricultural University, Taian, Shandong 271018, China
J Microbiol Biotechnol 17:624-31. 2007..The residual activity of PRO33 and PRO63 at 70 degrees C after 60 min was approximately 88.59% and 39.2%, respectively, when kept in the buffer containing Ca2+. These properties make them applicable for many biotechnological purposes...
- Metformin decreases the adipokine vaspin in overweight women with polycystic ovary syndrome concomitant with improvement in insulin sensitivity and a decrease in insulin resistanceBee K Tan
Endocrinology and Metabolism Group, Clinical Sciences Research Institute, Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
Diabetes 57:1501-7. 2008..Ex vivo regulation of adipose tissue vaspin and the effects of metformin treatment on circulating vaspin levels in PCOS subjects were also studied...
- Estimate of doses to the fetus during commercial flightsJing Chen
Radiation Protection Bureau, Health Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Health Phys 95:407-12. 2008..The results indicate that the dose to the fetus can exceed a recommended fetal dose limit of 1 mSv after 10 round trips on commercial flights between Toronto and Frankfurt...
- Increased visfatin messenger ribonucleic acid and protein levels in adipose tissue and adipocytes in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: parallel increase in plasma visfatinBee K Tan
Endocrinology and Metabolism Group, Department of Biological Sciences, Warwick Medical School, The University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:5022-8. 2006..Recent studies have shown that plasma levels of the insulin-mimetic adipokine visfatin increase with obesity. Currently, no data exist on the relative expression of visfatin in either plasma or adipose tissue of PCOS women...
- [Evaluation of work load and related factors during asymmetric lifting with surface electromyography]Jing Chen
Medical and Life Science College, Jianghan University, Wuhan 430056, China
Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi 24:198-200. 2006..To evaluate the work load and related factors for asymmetric lifting tasks using surface electromyography (EMG)...
- Interesting differences between the protonated and sodium adducts of pentacoordinated bisaminoacylspirophosphoranes in electrospray ionization mass spectrometryZhao Liu
J Mass Spectrom 38:231-3. 2003
- Binding analyses between Human PPARgamma-LBD and ligandsChangying Yu
Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Eur J Biochem 271:386-97. 2004....
- Molecular cloning and characterization of a new peptide deformylase from human pathogenic bacterium Helicobacter pyloriCong Han
Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201203, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 319:1292-8. 2004..This present work thereby supplies a potential platform that facilitates the discovery of novel HpPDF inhibitors and further of possible antimicrobial agents against H. pylori...
- Enzymatic activity characterization of SARS coronavirus 3C-like protease by fluorescence resonance energy transfer techniqueShuai Chen
Drug Discovery and Design Center, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201203, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 26:99-106. 2005..To characterize enzymatic activity of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) coronavirus (CoV) 3C-like protease (3CL(pro)) and its four site-directed mutants...
- The application of surface electromyography in the assessment of ergonomic risk factors associated with manual lifting tasksJing Chen
Institute of Occupational Medicine, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology University, Wuhan 430030, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 24:552-5. 2004..The results of signal amplitude of EMG from the erector spinae muscles showed that semi-squat posture is the best posture for lifting tasks...
- [Content analysis of bilirubin in niuhuang compound suppository by HPLC]Jing Chen
Hubei College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Wuhan 430061
Zhong Yao Cai 27:772-4. 2004..To establish a method of determinating content of bilirubin in Niuhuang Compound Suppository by HPLC...
- Colloidal gold nanoparticle modified carbon paste interface for studies of tumor cell adhesion and viabilityDan Du
Key Laboratory of Analytical Chemistry for Life Science Education Ministry of China, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, PR China
Biomaterials 26:6487-95. 2005..This simple and rapid method could be applied for the electrochemical investigation of exogenous effect and characterization of the viability of living cells...
- Purification and characterization of a thermostable glucoamylase from Chaetomium thermophilumJing Chen
Department of Environmental Biology, Shandong Agricultural University, China
J Gen Appl Microbiol 51:175-81. 2005..Ca2+, Mg2+, Na+, and K+ enhanced the enzyme activity, whereas Fe2+, Ag+, and Hg2+ cause obvious inhibition. These properties make it applicable to other biotechnological purposes...
- Fluence-to-absorbed dose conversion coefficients for use in radiological protection of embryo and foetus against external exposure to protons from 100 MeV to 100 GeVJing Chen
Radiation Protection Bureau, Health Canada, 775 Brookfield Road, Ottawa, Canada K1A 1C1
Radiat Prot Dosimetry 118:378-83. 2006..Proton fluence-to-absorbed dose conversion coefficients were derived for the four prenatal ages...
- Decreased actin solubility observed during ATP-depletion is mimicked by severing agents but not depolymerizing agents in isolated and cultured proximal tubular cellsPeter White
Department of Natural Sciences, Colby Sawyer College, New London, NH, USA
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 22:312-9. 2002..The differential effects of F-actin disrupting agents and the consistencies observed in both models of ischaemic injury will provide a basis for a more detailed understanding of the pathological events of PT-cell dysfunction...