Affiliation: Stanford University
- Recent advances in hepatitis C virus treatment: review of HCV protease inhibitor clinical trialsAarthi Chary
VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Rev Recent Clin Trials 5:158-73. 2010..This review outlines the advances and the challenges in the development of these HCV PIs as effective HCV antiviral agents and their role in clinical practice...
- Impact of interferon-ribavirin treatment on hepatitis C virus (HCV) protease quasispecies diversity in HIV- and HCV-coinfected patientsAarthi Chary
AIDS Research Center, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
J Infect Dis 202:889-93. 2010..The effect of prior interferon-ribavirin treatment on HCV NS3 will likely not impact HCV PI efficacy in HIV-coinfected patients receiving ART...
- Quantitation of hepatitis C virus RNA in peripheral blood mononuclear cells in HCV-monoinfection and HIV/HCV-coinfectionAarthi Chary
AIDS Research Center, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California, USA
J Med Virol 84:431-7. 2012..Differences in PBMC HCV viral load based on HIV-coinfection status and the significance of greater copy number in B-cells requires further study...
- Immune biomarker differences and changes comparing HCV mono-infected, HIV/HCV co-infected, and HCV spontaneously cleared patientsLauren E Kushner
Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e60387. 2013..Few studies have evaluated HIV/HCV co-infection, and little longitudinal data exists describing a broader antiviral cytokine response...
- Impact of highly active antiretroviral therapy on hepatitis C virus protease quasispecies diversity in HIV co-infected patientsMark A Winters
AIDS Research Center, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
J Med Virol 82:791-8. 2010..These results suggest ARV treatment for HIV would not affect the efficacy of HCV PI treatment...
- Interferon combination therapy for HIV/hepatitis C virus coinfectionAarthi Chary
VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA, USA
Immunotherapy 3:1087-102. 2011..Understanding the basis of this population's poor response to interferon-based therapy is crucial to future exploration of new therapeutic options, immunotherapy and prognosis in HIV/HCV-coinfected population...