Affiliation: Stanford University
- Asymmetric segregation of Numb: a mechanism for neural specification from Drosophila to mammalsMichel Cayouette
MRC Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology and Cell Biology Unit, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Nat Neurosci 5:1265-9. 2002..Here, we review these and other findings that suggest an important role for the asymmetric segregation of Numb proteins in vertebrate neural development...
- The orientation of cell division influences cell-fate choice in the developing mammalian retinaMichel Cayouette
MRC Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology and Cell Biology Unit, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Development 130:2329-39. 2003..These findings indicate that the plane of cell division influences cell-fate choice in the neonatal rat retina and support the hypothesis that the asymmetric segregation of Numb normally influences some of these choices...
- Importance of intrinsic mechanisms in cell fate decisions in the developing rat retinaMichel Cayouette
MRC Laboratory for Molecular Cell Biology and Cell Biology Unit, University College London, London, WC1E 6BT United Kingdom
Neuron 40:897-904. 2003....
- Expanding neuronal layers by the local division of committed precursorsMichel Cayouette
Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Montreal, QC H2W 1R7, Canada
Neuron 56:575-7. 2007..In this issue of Neuron, however, Godhino et al. provide evidence that some neuronal precursors undergo a terminal symmetric cell division at their final destination to form an entire neuronal layer...
- The CNTF/LIF signaling pathway regulates developmental programmed cell death and differentiation of rod precursor cells in the mouse retina in vivoJimmy Elliott
Institut de recherches cliniques de Montreal IRCM, 110, avenue des Pins Ouest Montréal, Quebec, Canada H2W 1R7
Dev Biol 300:583-98. 2006..Taken together, these results indicate that the CNTF/LIF signaling pathway acts via regulation of nitric oxide production to modulate developmental programmed cell death of postmitotic rod precursor cells...
- Lineage in the vertebrate retinaMichel Cayouette
Cellular Neurobiology Laboratory, Institut de recherches cliniques de Montréal IRCM and Université de Montréal, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1R7, Canada
Trends Neurosci 29:563-70. 2006..These programmes are intrinsic, but they are also plastic and are influenced by extrinsic signals...
- Mammalian inscuteable regulates spindle orientation and cell fate in the developing retinaMihaela Zigman
Institute of Molecular Biotechnology of the Austrian Academy of Sciences IMBA, Dr Bohr Gasse 3 5, 1030 Vienna, Austria
Neuron 48:539-45. 2005..Our results suggest that the orientation of neural progenitor divisions is important for cell fate specification in the retina and determines their symmetric or asymmetric outcome...
- In vivo time-lapse imaging of cell divisions during neurogenesis in the developing zebrafish retinaTilak Das
Department of Anatomy, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 3DY, United Kingdom
Neuron 37:597-609. 2003..The reconstructions here show that mitotic cells always remain in contact with the opposite basal surface by means of a thin basal process that can be inherited asymmetrically...
- Ikaros confers early temporal competence to mouse retinal progenitor cellsJimmy Elliott
Institut de recherches cliniques de Montreal IRCM, Cellular Neurobiology Research Unit, Montreal, QC H2W 1R7, Canada
Neuron 60:26-39. 2008....
- The polarity protein Par-3 directly interacts with p75NTR to regulate myelinationJonah R Chan
Department of Cell and Neurobiology, Zilkha Neurogenetic Institute, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90089, USA
Science 314:832-6. 2006..Together, these results point to a critical role in the establishment of cell polarity for myelination...
- [The polarity protein Par-3 regulates myelination]Jimmy Elliott
Med Sci (Paris) 23:259-60. 2007