Dean S Carson
Affiliation: Stanford University
- A brief history of oxytocin and its role in modulating psychostimulant effectsDean S Carson
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, 1201 Welch Rd, MSLS, Mail Code 5485, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Psychopharmacol 27:231-47. 2013....
- Preliminary evidence for lowered basal cortisol in a naturalistic sample of methamphetamine polydrug usersDean S Carson
School of Psychology, University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 20:497-503. 2012....
- Systemically administered oxytocin decreases methamphetamine activation of the subthalamic nucleus and accumbens core and stimulates oxytocinergic neurons in the hypothalamusDean S Carson
Brain and Mind Research Institute, University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
Addict Biol 15:448-63. 2010..Overall, these results give further insight into the way in which oxytocin might moderate compulsive behaviors and demonstrate the capacity of peripherally administered oxytocin to induce widespread central effects...
- Does oxytocin influence the early detection of angry and happy faces?Adam J Guastella
Brain and Mind Research Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2050, Australia
Psychoneuroendocrinology 34:220-5. 2009..Oxytocin may have greater influence in altering the cognitive processing of social valence at more conceptual and elaborate levels of processing...
- Oxytocin decreases methamphetamine self-administration, methamphetamine hyperactivity, and relapse to methamphetamine-seeking behaviour in ratsDean S Carson
Brain and Mind Research Institute, University of Sydney, Australia
Neuropharmacology 58:38-43. 2010..These results point to the potential utility of human trials of oxytocin as a therapeutic treatment for methamphetamine addiction...
- Adolescent oxytocin exposure causes persistent reductions in anxiety and alcohol consumption and enhances sociability in ratsMichael T Bowen
School of Psychology, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
PLoS ONE 6:e27237. 2011..Such effects may reflect the inherent neuroplasticity of brain OT systems and a feed-forward effect whereby exogenous OT upregulates endogenous OT systems...
- Intranasal arginine vasopressin enhances the encoding of happy and angry faces in humansAdam J Guastella
Brain and Mind Research Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Biol Psychiatry 67:1220-2. 2010..There has been little research in humans exploring its effect on social cognition, including the encoding of social memories...
- A randomized controlled trial of intranasal oxytocin as an adjunct to exposure therapy for social anxiety disorderAdam J Guastella
School of Psychology, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Psychoneuroendocrinology 34:917-23. 2009....