Axel T Brunger
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Brunger A, Das D, Deacon A, Grant J, Terwilliger T, Read R, et al. Application of DEN refinement and automated model building to a difficult case of molecular-replacement phasing: the structure of a putative succinyl-diaminopimelate desuccinylase from Corynebacterium glutamicum. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2012;68:391-403 pubmed publisher..This example also illustrates a current limitation of automated procedures that require manual adjustment of local sequence misalignments between the homology model and the target sequence. ..
- Lai Y, Diao J, Cipriano D, Zhang Y, Pfuetzner R, Padolina M, et al. Complexin inhibits spontaneous release and synchronizes Ca2+-triggered synaptic vesicle fusion by distinct mechanisms. elife. 2014;3:e03756 pubmed publisher..Taken together, complexin-1 utilizes distinct mechanisms for synchronization of Ca(2+)-triggered fusion and inhibition of spontaneous fusion. ..
- Ressl S, Vu B, Vivona S, Martinelli D, SÃ¼dhof T, Brunger A. Structures of C1q-like proteins reveal unique features among the C1q/TNF superfamily. Structure. 2015;23:688-99 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal unique structural features of C1QLs among C1q/TNF superfamily proteins that may be associated with their specific brain functions. ..
- Gipson P, Fukuda Y, Danev R, Lai Y, Chen D, Baumeister W, et al. Morphologies of synaptic protein membrane fusion interfaces. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:9110-9115 pubmed publisher..We conclude that synaptic proteins have evolved to limit possible contact site assemblies and morphologies to those that promote fast Ca2+-triggered release. ..
- Lai Y, Choi U, Leitz J, Rhee H, Lee C, Altas B, et al. Molecular Mechanisms of Synaptic Vesicle Priming by Munc13 and Munc18. Neuron. 2017;95:591-607.e10 pubmed publisher..Together, the physiological functions of Munc13 may be related to regulation of proper SNARE complex assembly. ..