Raffick A R Bowen
Affiliation: Stanford University Medical Center
- Blood collection tube-related alterations in analyte concentrations in quality control material and serum specimensRaffick A R Bowen
Department of Pathology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA Electronic address
Clin Biochem 47:150-7. 2014..This study examines the effects of blood-collection tube additives on total triiodothyronine (TT3), and thyroxine (TT4), cortisol, and routine clinical chemistry tests in QC and serum specimens from apparently healthy volunteers...
- Elevated vitamin B₁₂ levels in autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome attributable to elevated haptocorrin in lymphocytesRaffick A R Bowen
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Clin Biochem 45:490-2. 2012..Identify the etiology of elevated B(12) in autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome (ALPS)...
- Impact of blood collection devices on clinical chemistry assaysRaffick A R Bowen
Department of Pathology, Stanford University, 300 Pasteur Drive, Room H1507 B, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Clin Biochem 43:4-25. 2010..This review will identify sources of exogenous substances in blood specimens and propose methods to minimize their impact on clinical chemistry assays...
- Interferences from blood collection tube components on clinical chemistry assaysRaffick A R Bowen
Department of Pathology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Biochem Med (Zagreb) 24:31-44. 2014..This review aims to identify and describe blood collection tube additives and their components and the strategies used to minimize their effects on clinical chemistry assays. ..
- Serum testosterone quantitation by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry: interference from blood collection tubesRun Zhang Shi
Department of Pathology, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA, USA
Clin Biochem 45:1706-9. 2012..We examined a number of commonly used blood collection tubes for the presence of interference and its impact on testosterone quantitation...