Julius A Bishop
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Provisional mini-fragment plate fixation in clavicle shaft fracturesJulius A Bishop
Stanford University Medical Center, Redwood City, California
Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 42:470-2. 2013..In this article, we present a technique in which a mini-fragment plate is used to provisionally maintain fracture reduction while the definitive plate is applied. ..
- Open reduction and intramedullary nail fixation of closed tibial fracturesJulius A Bishop
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Redwood City, California, USA
Orthopedics 35:e1631-4. 2012....
- Predictive factors for knee stiffness after periarticular fracture: a case-control studyJulius Bishop
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 94:1833-8. 2012..The aims of this study were to evaluate risk factors for knee stiffness requiring manipulation after periarticular fracture and to document the clinical outcomes of the manipulation...
- Operative versus nonoperative treatment after primary traumatic anterior glenohumeral dislocation: expected-value decision analysisJulius A Bishop
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University, Redwood City, CA 94063, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 20:1087-94. 2011..The purpose of this study was to use expected-value decision analysis to determine the optimal management strategy--nonoperative treatment or arthroscopic stabilization--for a first-time traumatic anterior shoulder dislocation...
- Prophylactic pinning of the contralateral hip after unilateral slipped capital femoral epiphysisMininder S Kocher
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Children s Hospital, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 86:2658-65. 2004..The purpose of this study was to determine, with use of expected-value decision analysis, the optimal management strategy-prophylactic in situ pinning versus observation-for the contralateral hip...
- Surgical versus nonsurgical treatment of femur fractures in people with spinal cord injury: an administrative analysis of risksJulius A Bishop
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, CA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 94:2357-64. 2013..To assess the risks associated with surgical and nonsurgical care of femur fractures in people with spinal cord injury (SCI)...
- The biomechanical significance of washer use with screw fixationJulius A Bishop
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto, CA
J Orthop Trauma 28:114-7. 2014..However, there is a paucity of literature on this topic. The purpose of this study was to detail the biomechanical consequences of washer use and screw intrusion...
- Closed intramedullary nailing of the femur in the lateral decubitus positionJulius A Bishop
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Trauma 68:231-5. 2010..This study demonstrates that the technique is safe and effective with an incidence of complications comparable with fracture table and supine positioning...