Sherry A Beaudreau
Affiliation: Stanford University
- The association of anxiety and depressive symptoms with cognitive performance in community-dwelling older adultsSherry A Beaudreau
Sierra Pacific Mental Illness, Research, Education, and Clinical Center MIRECC at the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Psychol Aging 24:507-12. 2009..Findings suggest an excess cognitive load on inhibitory ability in normal older adults reporting mild anxiety...
- Application of a cognitive neuroscience perspective of cognitive control to late-life anxietySherry A Beaudreau
The Sierra Pacific Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Centers MIRECC, VA Palo Alto Health Care System and Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, United States Electronic address
J Anxiety Disord 27:559-66. 2013....
- Neuropsychiatric symptoms, apolipoprotein E gene, and risk of progression to cognitive impairment, no dementia and dementia: the Aging, Demographics, and Memory Study (ADAMS)Sherry A Beaudreau
Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 28:672-80. 2013..To examine the relationship of neuropsychiatric symptoms and apolipoprotein E (APOE) ε4 allele status to dementia at baseline and progression to dementia in older adults with and without cognitive impairment, no dementia (CIND)...
- Validation of the Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index and the Epworth Sleepiness Scale in older black and white womenSherry A Beaudreau
Sierra Pacific Mental Illness Research Education and Clinical Centers, Palo Alto VA Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA, United States
Sleep Med 13:36-42. 2012..The objective of this study was to determine the reliability and validity of and to provide normative data for these questionnaires in community-dwelling older women...
- Clinical characteristics of older male military veterans seeking treatment for erectile dysfunctionSherry A Beaudreau
Palo Alto VA Health Care System, and Sierra Pacific Mental Research Education and Clinical Centers, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Int Psychogeriatr 23:155-60. 2011..s.a...
- Late-life anxiety and cognitive impairment: a reviewSherry A Beaudreau
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Clinical Center MIRECC, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:790-803. 2008....
- The relationship between objectively measured sleep disturbance and dementia family caregiver distress and burdenSherry A Beaudreau
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
J Geriatr Psychiatry Neurol 21:159-65. 2008....
- Anxiety symptoms and objectively measured sleep quality in older womenAdam P Spira
Division of Geriatrics and Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 17:136-43. 2009..Few studies have examined the association between anxiety symptoms and objectively measured sleep quality in older adults. The authors determined this association in a large cohort of very old community-dwelling women...
- Utility of the abbreviated Fuld Object Memory Evaluation and MMSE for detection of dementia and cognitive impairment not dementia in diverse ethnic groupsTiffany Rideaux
Pacific Graduate School of Psychology Stanford PsyD Consortium, Palo Alto University, Palo Alto, CA, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 31:371-86. 2012..Findings suggest that ethnicity is important in the selection of an appropriate cognitive screen and cut-score to use with older adults...
- Gender differences in sexual behaviors of AD patients and their relationship to spousal caregiver well-beingHelen D Davies
Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA, USA
Aging Ment Health 16:89-101. 2012..This study evaluated the impact of gender differences on intimacy and sexual satisfaction in marital relationships in which one partner has AD...
- Increasing the ranks of academic researchers in mental health: a multisite approach to postdoctoral fellowship trainingRuth O'Hara
Sierra Pacific MIRECC, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Acad Med 85:41-7. 2010..The VA's multisite fellowship program plays a valuable role in preparing substantial numbers of psychiatry and psychology trainees for a range of academic clinical research and leadership positions in the field of mental health...
- Older adults' responses to emotional stimuli: a cautionary noteSherry A Beaudreau
Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Psychology Service MIRECC, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Exp Aging Res 35:235-49. 2009..Thus it is inappropriate to assume that emotional stimuli produce the same response across the adult life span...