Affiliation: Stanford University
- Enhanced sensitivity to cisplatin and gemcitabine in Brca1-deficient murine mammary epithelial cellsElizabeth Alli
Department of Medicine, Division of Oncology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Center for Clinical Sciences Research, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
BMC Pharmacol 11:7. 2011..BRCA1 plays a role in multiple DNA repair pathways, and thus, when mutated, results in sensitivity to certain DNA damaging drugs...
- Breast cancers with compromised DNA repair exhibit selective sensitivity to elesclomolElizabeth Alli
Stanford University School of Medicine, Department of Medicine Oncology, 269 Campus Drive, Stanford, CA 93405, USA
DNA Repair (Amst) 11:522-4. 2012..In conclusion, BRCA1-mutated and/or basal-like breast cancers may benefit from treatment regimens that include elesclomol...
- Synergistic chemosensitivity of triple-negative breast cancer cell lines to poly(ADP-Ribose) polymerase inhibition, gemcitabine, and cisplatinKedar Hastak
Division of Oncology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
Cancer Res 70:7970-80. 2010..Our results suggest a novel therapeutic strategy to treat women with TN breast cancer, an aggressive disease that presently lacks effective treatment options...
- Defective repair of oxidative dna damage in triple-negative breast cancer confers sensitivity to inhibition of poly(ADP-ribose) polymeraseElizabeth Alli
Department of Medicine Oncology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Cancer Res 69:3589-96. 2009..The defect may be attributed, at least in part, to a novel role for BRCA1 in the BER pathway. Overall, these data offer preventive, prognostic, and therapeutic usefulness...
- A clinical trial of lovastatin for modification of biomarkers associated with breast cancer riskShaveta Vinayak
Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 142:389-98. 2013..The results are inconclusive and do not exclude a favorable effect on breast cancer risk. ..