Todd F Alamin
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Provocative lumbar discography versus functional anesthetic discography: a comparison of the results of two different diagnostic techniques in 52 patients with chronic low back painTodd F Alamin
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Room R 171, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Spine J 11:756-65. 2011..New diagnostic methods are needed to address this diagnostic issue; improvements here may do as much to improve overall patient outcomes as improvements in surgical treatment methods...
- Low-pressure positive Discography in subjects asymptomatic of significant low back pain illnessEugene J Carragee
Orthopaedic Surgery Division, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:505-9. 2006..Retrospective data review of positive disc injections at low pressures among subjects without chronic low back pain (LBP) illness compared to patients with chronic LBP undergoing Discography...
- Discographic, MRI and psychosocial determinants of low back pain disability and remission: a prospective study in subjects with benign persistent back painEugene J Carragee
Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive, Room 171, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Spine J 5:24-35. 2005..Previous studies included either small cohorts with intensive imaging testing or large population studies that do not establish a detailed morphologic baseline...
- The monotonic and fatigue properties of osteoporotic thoracic vertebral bodiesDerek P Lindsey
VA Rehabilitation R and D Center, Palo Alto, California, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 30:645-9. 2005..Measurement of the monotonic and fatigue properties of osteoporotic thoracic vertebral bodies...
- Failure strength of lumbar spinous processes loaded in a tension band modelS Raymond Golish
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University, 450 Broadway Street, Redwood City, CA 94063 6342, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 17:69-73. 2012..The goal was to provide normative data for the design of a spinous process tension band device after varying degrees of surgical decompression and across varying bone mineral densities (BMDs)...
- A prospective controlled study of limited versus subtotal posterior discectomy: short-term outcomes in patients with herniated lumbar intervertebral discs and large posterior anular defectEugene J Carragee
Division of Orthopedic Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:653-7. 2006..The prospective study population consisted of 30 patients undergoing a posterior lumbar subtotal discectomy for lumbar disc herniation. This group was compared to a historical cohort of 46 patients treated with limited discectomy alone...
- Gluteal-sparing approach for posterior iliac crest bone graft: description of a new technique and assessment of morbidity in ninety-two patients after spinal fusionAndrew L Merritt
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 35:1396-400. 2010..Retrospective clinical series...
- Lumbar intersegmental spacing and angulation in the modified lateral decubitus position versus variants of prone positioningVijay Agarwal
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305, USA
Spine J 9:580-4. 2009..The intersegmental lumbar effect of variants on operative prone positioning compared with the modified lateral decubitus position has not been studied...
- Provocative discography in volunteer subjects with mild persistent low back painEugene J Carragee
Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Spine J 2:25-34. 2002..Conversely, if subjects with benign low back pain rarely if ever had significant concordant pain reproduction on disc injections, the basic tenet of discographic diagnosis would be strengthened...