Maheen M Adamson
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Pilot expertise and hippocampal size: associations with longitudinal flight simulator performanceMaheen M Adamson
War Related Illness and Injury Study Center and the Sierra Pacific MIRECC, Veterans Affairs, Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 83:850-7. 2012..The Stanford/Veterans Affairs Aviation MRI Study offers a unique opportunity to observe the interaction of brain structure and multiple levels of expertise on longitudinal flight simulator performance...
- Hemispheric differences for identification of words and nonwords in Urdu-English bilingualsMaheen Mausoof Adamson
University of Southern California, Palo Alto, CA 94304 1207, USA
Neuropsychology 20:232-48. 2006....
- Reduced hippocampal activity during encoding in cognitively normal adults carrying the APOE ɛ4 alleleMaheen M Adamson
Department of Veterans Affairs, Sierra Pacific MIRECC and WRIISC Palo Alto, CA, USA
Neuropsychologia 49:2448-55. 2011..These results have implications for fMRI studies that investigate the default-mode network (DMN) in middle-aged to older APOE ɛ4 carriers to help evaluate AD risk in this otherwise cognitively normal population...
- The impact of brain size on pilot performance varies with aviation training and years of educationMaheen M Adamson
Department of Veterans Affairs and Sierra Pacific MIRECC, Palo Alto, California, USA
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 16:412-23. 2010..05). These results point to the importance of examining measures of expertise and their interactions to assess age-related cognitive changes...
- Apolipoprotein E epsilon4 influences on episodic recall and brain structures in aging pilotsMaheen M Adamson
Department of Veterans Affairs, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Neurobiol Aging 31:1059-63. 2010..These findings point to basic memory testing as a sensitive tool for detecting APOE epsilon4-related influences on memory in aging workers...
- Initial cognitive performance predicts longitudinal aviator performanceJerome A Yesavage
Stanford VA Aging Clinical Research Center, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304 1207, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 66:444-53. 2011..The goal of the study was to improve prediction of longitudinal flight simulator performance by studying cognitive factors that may moderate the influence of chronological age...
- Influences of APOE ε4 and expertise on performance of older pilotsJoy L Taylor
Psychiatry Service, Department of Veterans Affairs, Palo Alto Health Care System Palo Alto, CA 94304 1207, USA
Psychol Aging 26:480-7. 2011..Results suggest that relevant training and activity may help sustain middle-aged and older adults' real-world performance, especially among APOE ε4 carriers...
- Hemispheric differences in processing handwritten cursiveJoseph B Hellige
Department of Psychology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 1061, USA
Brain Lang 102:215-27. 2007..These results suggest a greater contribution of the right hemisphere to the identification of handwritten cursive, which is likely related visual complexity and to qualitative differences in the processing of cursive versus print...
- Higher Landing Accuracy in Expert Pilots is Associated with Lower Activity in the Caudate NucleusMaheen M Adamson
Department of Veterans Affairs, WRIISC and Sierra Pacific MIRECC, Palo Alto, California, 94304, United States of America Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford School of Medicine, Stanford, California, 94305, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e112607. 2014..These data provide evidence that performing "real world" aviation tasks in an fMRI provide objective data regarding the relative expertise of pilots and brain regions involved in it. ..
- The impact of depression on Veterans with PTSD and traumatic brain injury: a diffusion tensor imaging studyLinda Isaac
War Related Illness and Injury Study Center, The Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Healthcare System, Palo Alto, USA Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA Electronic address
Biol Psychol 105:20-8. 2015..Microstructural changes of white matter were found in the cingulum and UF. Fractional anisotropy (FA) was lower in Veterans with DEP compared to those without DEP. ..
- Neuropsychiatric diagnosis and management of chronic sequelae of war-related mild to moderate traumatic brain injuryJoshua D Halbauer
Department of Veterans Affairs VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 46:757-96. 2009..With a multidimensional approach (such as the biopsychosocial model) applied to each symptom cluster, psychological, occupational, and social dysfunction can be delineated and managed...