Maheen M Adamson
Affiliation: Stanford University
- Pilot expertise and hippocampal size: associations with longitudinal flight simulator performanceMaheen M Adamson
War Related Illness and Injury Study Center and the Sierra Pacific MIRECC, Veterans Affairs, Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Aviat Space Environ Med 83:850-7. 2012..The Stanford/Veterans Affairs Aviation MRI Study offers a unique opportunity to observe the interaction of brain structure and multiple levels of expertise on longitudinal flight simulator performance...
- Hemispheric differences for identification of words and nonwords in Urdu-English bilingualsMaheen Mausoof Adamson
University of Southern California, Palo Alto, CA 94304 1207, USA
Neuropsychology 20:232-48. 2006....
- Apolipoprotein E epsilon4 influences on episodic recall and brain structures in aging pilotsMaheen M Adamson
Department of Veterans Affairs, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Neurobiol Aging 31:1059-63. 2010..These findings point to basic memory testing as a sensitive tool for detecting APOE epsilon4-related influences on memory in aging workers...
- The impact of brain size on pilot performance varies with aviation training and years of educationMaheen M Adamson
Department of Veterans Affairs and Sierra Pacific MIRECC, Palo Alto, California, USA
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 16:412-23. 2010..05). These results point to the importance of examining measures of expertise and their interactions to assess age-related cognitive changes...
- Reduced hippocampal activity during encoding in cognitively normal adults carrying the APOE ɛ4 alleleMaheen M Adamson
Department of Veterans Affairs, Sierra Pacific MIRECC and WRIISC Palo Alto, CA, USA
Neuropsychologia 49:2448-55. 2011..These results have implications for fMRI studies that investigate the default-mode network (DMN) in middle-aged to older APOE ɛ4 carriers to help evaluate AD risk in this otherwise cognitively normal population...
- Initial cognitive performance predicts longitudinal aviator performanceJerome A Yesavage
Stanford VA Aging Clinical Research Center, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304 1207, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 66:444-53. 2011..The goal of the study was to improve prediction of longitudinal flight simulator performance by studying cognitive factors that may moderate the influence of chronological age...
- Influences of APOE ε4 and expertise on performance of older pilotsJoy L Taylor
Psychiatry Service, Department of Veterans Affairs, Palo Alto Health Care System Palo Alto, CA 94304 1207, USA
Psychol Aging 26:480-7. 2011..Results suggest that relevant training and activity may help sustain middle-aged and older adults' real-world performance, especially among APOE ε4 carriers...
- Hemispheric differences in processing handwritten cursiveJoseph B Hellige
Department of Psychology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089 1061, USA
Brain Lang 102:215-27. 2007..These results suggest a greater contribution of the right hemisphere to the identification of handwritten cursive, which is likely related visual complexity and to qualitative differences in the processing of cursive versus print...
- Neuropsychiatric diagnosis and management of chronic sequelae of war-related mild to moderate traumatic brain injuryJoshua D Halbauer
Department of Veterans Affairs VA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 46:757-96. 2009..With a multidimensional approach (such as the biopsychosocial model) applied to each symptom cluster, psychological, occupational, and social dysfunction can be delineated and managed...