Carmen L Wilson
Affiliation: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Fractures among long-term survivors of childhood cancer: a report from the Childhood Cancer Survivor StudyCarmen L Wilson
Epidemiology and Cancer Control, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Cancer 118:5920-8. 2012..The objective of this study was to ascertain the prevalence of and risk factors for fractures among individuals participating in the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study (CCSS)...
- Renal carcinoma after childhood cancer: a report from the childhood cancer survivor studyCarmen L Wilson
Department of Epidemiology and Cancer Control, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Pl, MS 735, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 105:504-8. 2013..8, 95% CI = 1.6 to 9.3) and platinum-based chemotherapy (RR = 3.5, 95% CI = 1.0 to 11.2). To our knowledge, this is the first report of an association between cisplatin and subsequent renal carcinoma among survivors of childhood cancer...
- Bone mineral density deficits and fractures in survivors of childhood cancerCarmen L Wilson
Department of Epidemiology and Cancer Control, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Place, MS 735, Memphis, TN, 38105, USA
Curr Osteoporos Rep 11:329-37. 2013..Moving forward, studies characterizing the trajectory of changes in bone density over time will facilitate the development of interventions and novel therapies aimed at minimizing bone loss among survivors of childhood cancer. ..
- Physiologic frailty as a sign of accelerated aging among adult survivors of childhood cancer: a report from the St Jude Lifetime cohort studyKirsten K Ness
Kirsten K Ness, Kevin R Krull, Kendra E Jones, Daniel A Mulrooney, Gregory T Armstrong, Daniel M Green, Wassim Chemaitilly, Webb A Smith, Carmen L Wilson, Kyla Shelton, Deo Kumar Srivastava, Sabeen Ali, Leslie L Robison, Melissa M Hudson, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN Charles A Sklar, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
J Clin Oncol 31:4496-503. 2013..9% of individuals 65 years old and older (9.6% of women; 5.2% of men), has not been assessed among adult childhood cancer survivors (CCS). We estimated the prevalence of frailty and examined associations with morbidity and mortality...
- Chemotherapy-related neuropathic symptoms and functional impairment in adult survivors of extracranial solid tumors of childhood: results from the St. Jude Lifetime Cohort StudyKirsten K Ness
Department of Epidemiology and Cancer Control, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 94:1451-7. 2013..To ascertain prevalence of peripheral sensory and motor neuropathy, and to evaluate impairments in relation to function...