Affiliation: St. John's Mercy Medical Center
- Penicillin allergy: prevalence of vague history in skin test-positive patientsR Solensky
Department of Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern Medical Center, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 85:195-9. 2000..We reviewed the published literature to determine how many patients who had a history of PCN allergy and who were skin test-positive had a vague history of allergy...
- Lack of penicillin resensitization in patients with a history of penicillin allergy after receiving repeated penicillin coursesRoland Solensky
The Corvallis Clinic, 3680 NW Samaritan Dr, Corvallis, OR 97330, USA
Arch Intern Med 162:822-6. 2002..However, its negative predictive value for future courses is unknown because it is uncertain whether patients with a history of penicillin allergy are at risk of becoming resensitized...
- Clinical approach to penicillin-allergic patients: a surveyR Solensky
Department of Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235 8859, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 84:329-33. 2000..Approximately 10% of individuals report a history of penicillin allergy...
- Evaluation of penicillin allergy without benzylpenicilloyl-polylysineRoland Solensky
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 98:402-3; author reply 403-4. 2007
- Hypersensitivity reactions to beta-lactam antibioticsRoland Solensky
The Corvallis Clinic, 3680 Samaritan Drive, Corvallis, OR 97330, USA
Clin Rev Allergy Immunol 24:201-20. 2003..Identification of patients who erroneously carry a label of beta-lactam allergy leads to improved utilization of antibiotics and slows the spread of multiple drug-resistant bacteria...
- Nonanaphylactic drug disordersRoland Solensky
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas, USA
Clin Allergy Immunol 16:411-33. 2002
- Drug allergy: desensitization and treatment of reactions to antibiotics and aspirinRoland Solensky
Corvallis Clinic, Corvallis, Oregon, USA
Clin Allergy Immunol 18:585-606. 2004
- Safety of cephalosporin administration to patients with histories of penicillin allergySonak Daulat
J Allergy Clin Immunol 113:1220-2. 2004
- Drug desensitizationRoland Solensky
Division of Allergy and Immunology, The Corvallis Clinic, 3680 NW Samaritan Drive, Corvallis, OR 97330, USA
Immunol Allergy Clin North Am 24:425-43, vi. 2004..The discussion includes rapid desensitization of patients with IgE-mediated allergies to penicillin and other classes of antibiotics, and sulfonamide desensitization of HIV-positive patients...
- Drug hypersensitivityRoland Solensky
Division of Allergy and Immunology, The Corvallis Clinic, Corvallis, OR 97330, USA
Med Clin North Am 90:233-60. 2006..When readministration of medications to which patients report previous reactions is indicated, it may be almost always successfully accomplished by means of either graded challenge or desensitization...
- Resolution of fish allergy: a case reportRoland Solensky
The Corvallis Clinic, Corvallis, Oregon 97330, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 91:411-2. 2003..Fish allergy is one of the most common food allergies, and it is believed to be lifelong. There are no published reports, to my knowledge, of resolution of fish allergy...