Affiliation: St. Joseph
- Characteristics and dietary patterns of adolescents who value eating locally grown, organic, nongenetically engineered, and nonprocessed foodRamona Robinson-O'Brien
Nutrition Department, College of Saint Benedict and Saint John s University, St Joseph, Minnesota 56374, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 41:11-8. 2009..To examine characteristics of adolescents who value eating locally grown, organic, nongenetically engineered, and/or nonprocessed food and whether they are more likely than their peers to meet Healthy People 2010 dietary objectives...
- Impact of garden-based youth nutrition intervention programs: a reviewRamona Robinson-O'Brien
Nutrition Department, College of Saint Benedict Saint John s University, St Joseph, MN 56374, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 109:273-80. 2009..Suggestions for future research directions, including intervention planning, study design, evaluation, and sustainability are provided...
- Adolescent and young adult vegetarianism: better dietary intake and weight outcomes but increased risk of disordered eating behaviorsRamona Robinson-O'Brien
Nutrition Department College of Saint Benedict Saint John s University, 37 South College Ave, St Joseph, MN 56374, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 109:648-55. 2009..Examine characteristics of current and former adolescent and young adult vegetarians and investigate the relationships between vegetarianism, weight, dietary intake, and weight-control behaviors...
- Fruits and vegetables at home: child and parent perceptionsRamona Robinson-O'Brien
Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55454, USA
J Nutr Educ Behav 41:360-4. 2009..Examine child and parent perceptions of home food environment factors and associations with child fruit and vegetable (FV) intake...
- Associations between school meals offered through the National School Lunch Program and the School Breakfast Program and fruit and vegetable intake among ethnically diverse, low-income childrenRamona Robinson-O'Brien
Nutrition Department, College of Saint Benedict and Saint John s University, St Joseph, MN 56374, USA
J Sch Health 80:487-92. 2010..This study examines the proportion of fruits and vegetables consumed from school meals programs among ethnically diverse, low socioeconomic status children...
- 'Ready. Set. ACTION!' A theater-based obesity prevention program for children: a feasibility studyDianne Neumark-Sztainer
Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, 1300 South Second Street, Suite 300, Minneapolis, MN 55454, USA
Health Educ Res 24:407-20. 2009..The next research step may be to incorporate theater-based programs into more comprehensive school-based interventions, with both educational and environmental components, and evaluate program impact...
- Parental report versus child perception of familial support: which is more associated with child physical activity and television use?Daheia J Barr-Anderson
School of Kinesiology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
J Phys Act Health 7:364-8. 2010..This research explores whether parent-report or child perception is more strongly associated with child-reported physical activity and television (TV) use...
- Creating healthy food and eating environments: policy and environmental approachesMary Story
Healthy Eating Research Program, School of Public Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55454 1015, USA
Annu Rev Public Health 29:253-72. 2008..The status of measurement and evaluation of nutrition environments and the need for action to improve health are highlighted...