Genomes and Genes
Peter J Murray
Affiliation: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Marigo I, Zilio S, Desantis G, Mlecnik B, Agnellini A, Ugel S, et al. T Cell Cancer Therapy Requires CD40-CD40L Activation of Tumor Necrosis Factor and Inducible Nitric-Oxide-Synthase-Producing Dendritic Cells. Cancer Cell. 2016;30:377-390 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a network of pro-tumor factors that can be targeted to boost cancer immunotherapies. ..
- Van De Velde L, Subramanian C, Smith A, Barron L, Qualls J, Neale G, et al. T Cells Encountering Myeloid Cells Programmed for Amino Acid-dependent Immunosuppression Use Rictor/mTORC2 Protein for Proliferative Checkpoint Decisions. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:15-30 pubmed publisher..Arginine deprivation-induced cell cycle arrest was mediated in part by Rictor/mTORC2, providing evidence that this nutrient recognition pathway is a central component of how T cells measure environmental arginine. ..
- Kratochvill F, Gratz N, Qualls J, Van De Velde L, Chi H, Kovarik P, et al. Tristetraprolin Limits Inflammatory Cytokine Production in Tumor-Associated Macrophages in an mRNA Decay-Independent Manner. Cancer Res. 2015;75:3054-64 pubmed publisher..Manipulation of the p38Î±-TTP axis in macrophages has significant effects on the growth of tumors and therefore represents a means to manipulate inflammation in the tumor microenvironment. ..
- Murray P, Allen J, Biswas S, Fisher E, Gilroy D, Goerdt S, et al. Macrophage activation and polarization: nomenclature and experimental guidelines. Immunity. 2014;41:14-20 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we propose a common framework for macrophage-activation nomenclature. ..
- Van De Velde L, Murray P. Proliferating Helper T Cells Require Rictor/mTORC2 Complex to Integrate Signals from Limiting Environmental Amino Acids. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:25815-25822 pubmed..Our data suggest that Rictor/mTORC2 controls an amino acid-sensitive checkpoint that allows T cells to determine whether the microenvironment contains sufficient resources for daughter cell generation. ..
- Murray P. The JAK-STAT signaling pathway: input and output integration. J Immunol. 2007;178:2623-9 pubmed..New data suggests that SOCS proteins introduce additional diversity into the JAK-STAT pathway by adjusting the output of activated STATs that alters downstream gene activation. ..
- Van De Velde L, Guo X, Barbaric L, Smith A, Oguin T, Thomas P, et al. Stress Kinase GCN2 Controls the Proliferative Fitness and Trafficking of Cytotoxic T Cells Independent of Environmental Amino Acid Sensing. Cell Rep. 2016;17:2247-2258 pubmed publisher..Thus, GCN2 is required for normal cytotoxic T cell function. ..
- Murray P. The primary mechanism of the IL-10-regulated antiinflammatory response is to selectively inhibit transcription. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:8686-91 pubmed