Joseph D Khoury
Affiliation: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Ewing sarcoma family of tumorsJoseph D Khoury
Department of Pathology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Adv Anat Pathol 12:212-20. 2005..Current therapy for patients with ESFT includes chemotherapy and surgery with or without radiation therapy. At present, the most significant prognostic factor for patients with ESFT is whether the disease is localized or metastatic...
- Nephroblastic neoplasmsJoseph D Khoury
Department of Pathology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Clin Lab Med 25:341-61, vi-vii. 2005..Nephrogenic rests and a special variant of nephroblastoma, cystic partially differentiated nephroblastoma, also are discussed...
- Copy number gains in EGFR and copy number losses in PTEN are common events in osteosarcoma tumorsSerena S Freeman
Department of Pathology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Cancer 113:1453-61. 2008..In this study, the authors further analyzed the genomic features of EGFR in osteosarcoma tumors and investigated whether they correlate with phosphatase and tensin homolog (PTEN) expression and copy number status...
- Telangiectatic osteosarcoma: the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's experienceAaron Weiss
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Cancer 109:1627-37. 2007..Telangiectatic osteosarcoma (TOS) is a rare subtype of osteosarcoma (OS). The authors reviewed their experience with TOS to characterize its histologic, radiologic, and clinical features...
- ICAM-2 expression mediates a membrane-actin link, confers a nonmetastatic phenotype and reflects favorable tumor stage or histology in neuroblastomaKarina Jin Yoon
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e3629. 2008..Current work focuses on identifying specific protein domains critical to the regulation of neuroblastoma cell motility and metastasis and on determining if these domains represent exploitable therapeutic targets...
- Grading of nonrhabdomyosarcoma soft tissue sarcoma in children and adolescents: a comparison of parameters used for the Fédération Nationale des Centers de Lutte Contre le Cancer and Pediatric Oncology Group SystemsJoseph D Khoury
Department of Pathology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Cancer 116:2266-74. 2010..The applicability and prognostic utility of the FNCLCC system in pediatric NRSTS has not been assessed or compared with the POG system...
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee: gestational choriocarcinomaAaron Weiss
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, and Department of Radiology, University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Memphis, Tennessee 38105 2794, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 47:640-6. 2006..Key features and findings of the case as well as important management issues will be discussed...
- Significance of pleural effusion in neuroblastomaHimesh Gupta
Department of Surgery, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 49:906-8. 2007....
- MRI and biologic behavior of desmoid tumors in childrenM Beth McCarville
Division of Diagnostic Imaging, Department of Radiological Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 N Lauderdale St, Memphis, TN 38105 2794, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 189:633-40. 2007..We also aimed to determine how imaging features change during adjuvant treatment and how the imaging features relate to the histologic features...
- Pharmacologic inhibition of cyclin-dependent kinase 4/6 activity arrests proliferation in myoblasts and rhabdomyosarcoma-derived cellsRaya Saab
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 North Lauderdale Street, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 5:1299-308. 2006..Our findings support the concept that pharmacologic inhibition of Cdk4/Cdk6 may represent a useful therapeutic strategy to control cell proliferation and possibly promote myogenic differentiation in rhabdomyosarcoma...
- Expression and genomic status of EGFR and ErbB-2 in alveolar and embryonal rhabdomyosarcomaRamapriya Ganti
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Mod Pathol 19:1213-20. 2006..Notably, expression of EGFR correlates with the embryonal subtype, which is also more likely to coexpress EGFR and ErbB-2...
- Prolactinoma as the first manifestation of Gardner's syndromeGeoffrey S Goodin
Department of Radiological Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 50:409-12. 2008..A germline mutation of the APC (adenomatous polyposis coli) gene was identified. Our case illustrates the association between prolactinoma and FAP, which may represent a rare subtype of Gardner's and BTP syndromes...
- Desmoplastic small round cell tumor in childhood: the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital experienceRaya Saab
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, and Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38105 2794, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 49:274-9. 2007..Desmoplastic small round cell tumor (DSRCT) is a rare, primarily intra-abdominal tumor that has a poor outcome with current therapies...
- Osteosarcoma among children aged 5 years or younger: the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital experienceChristine M Hartford
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 28:43-7. 2006..These findings and a review of the similar cases in the literature suggest that osteosarcoma's clinical characteristics are similar among young children and older children...
- Predictive factors of invasion in eyes with retinoblastoma enucleated after eye salvage treatmentsJulia Balaguer
Department of Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 52:351-6. 2009..The impact of chemotherapy, focal therapies, radiation and co-existing ocular morbidities on histology of eyes with retinoblastoma enucleated following chemoreduction is not well known...
- Angiosarcomas arising in the viscera and soft tissue of children and young adults: a clinicopathologic study of 15 casesAndrea T Deyrup
Department of Pathology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 33:264-9. 2009..Although extremely rare, angiosarcomas do affect children and young adults and this diagnosis should be considered in atypical vascular tumors occurring in the mediastinum and those with brisk mitotic activity and/or necrosis...
- Ewing sarcoma-family tumors that arise after treatment of primary childhood cancerSheri L Spunt
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105 2794, USA
Cancer 107:201-6. 2006..ESFT arising as a second cancer was reviewed and characterized at our childhood cancer center...
- The utility of epithelial membrane antigen and vimentin in the diagnosis of chromophobe renal cell carcinomaJoseph D Khoury
Department of Pathology, Case Western Reserve University University Hospitals of Cleveland, OH, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 6:154-8. 2002..Nevertheless, the lack of such an immunophenotype is a reliable indication that a neoplasm under consideration is not CHRCC...
- Cytogenetic findings in blastoid mantle cell lymphomaJoseph D Khoury
Department of Hematopathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Hum Pathol 34:1022-9. 2003..03). We conclude that blastoid MCL tumors often show complex cytogenetic aberrations. Some abnormalities correlate with morphologic features, suggesting that morphologic variants of blastoid MCL may arise via different molecular pathways...
- Ewing sarcoma family of tumors: a model for the new era of integrated laboratory diagnosticsJoseph D Khoury
Associated Pathologists Chartered Quest Diagnostics, 4230 Burnham Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89119, USA
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 8:97-105. 2008..This review will address the features of ESFT and how it has emerged as a model for the new era of integrated diagnostics...
- A systematic approach to diagnosis of mature T-cell leukemias reveals heterogeneity among WHO categoriesMarco Herling
Department of Hematopathology, Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Blood 104:328-35. 2004..Our results indicate that incorporation of additional criteria, such as TCL1 expression status and hematologic parameters, can assist in a more accurate classification...
- Activation status of the JAK/STAT3 pathway in mantle cell lymphomaMarwan A Yared
Department of Hematopathology, The University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 129:990-6. 2005..Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3) is oncogenic, and we previously found evidence of constitutive STAT3 activation in a relatively small number of frozen mantle cell lymphoma (MCL) cell tumors...