Patricia A Garvie
Affiliation: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Efficacy of a pill-swallowing training intervention to improve antiretroviral medication adherence in pediatric patients with HIV/AIDSPatricia A Garvie
Behavioral Medicine Division, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 N Lauderdale St, Mail Stop 740, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Pediatrics 119:e893-9. 2007..Secondary objectives were to assess corresponding improvements in clinically observed biologic indicators of adherence, specifically, immunologic functioning (CD4+ T-cell%) and viral load, over time...
- Development of a directly observed therapy adherence intervention for adolescents with human immunodeficiency virus-1: application of focus group methodology to inform design, feasibility, and acceptabilityPatricia A Garvie
Division of Behavioral Medicine, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
J Adolesc Health 44:124-32. 2009..To obtain input from adolescents with human immunodeficiency virus-1 (HIV-1) infection to inform the design of a community-based modified directly observed therapy (MDOT) antiretroviral adherence intervention...
- Quality of life measurement in paediatric and adolescent populations with HIV: a review of the literatureP A Garvie
The Division of Behavioral Medicine, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Place, Mail Stop 740, Memphis, TN 38105 3678, USA
Child Care Health Dev 35:440-53. 2009....
- Multimethod adherence assessment in children with perinatally acquired HIV-1: the influence of off-schedule dosing in predicting biological markersPatricia A Garvie
Department of Behavioral Medicine, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 29:372-4. 2010..Off-schedule dosing predicted both health status markers, while the more common strategies did not. Findings support inclusion of off-schedule dosing concurrent with collection of biomarkers to assess adherence in children with HIV...
- Medication adherence in adolescents with behaviorally-acquired HIV: evidence for using a multimethod assessment protocolPatricia A Garvie
Department of Behavioral Medicine, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105 3678, USA
J Adolesc Health 47:504-11. 2010....
- Psychological factors, beliefs about medication, and adherence of youth with human immunodeficiency virus in a multisite directly observed therapy pilot studyPatricia A Garvie
Department of Behavioral Medicine, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
J Adolesc Health 48:637-40. 2011..Depressive symptoms, beliefs about medicine, and viewing HIV as a potential threat predicted better DOT adherence...
- Directly observed therapy (DOT) for nonadherent HIV-infected youth: lessons learned, challenges aheadAditya H Gaur
Department of Infectious Diseases, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 26:947-53. 2010..Depressed youth appear to be one subgroup that would benefit from this intervention. Study findings should help inform the design of larger community-based DOT intervention studies in youth...
- An exploratory survey of end-of-life attitudes, beliefs, and experiences of adolescents with HIV/AIDS and their familiesPatricia A Garvie
St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 44:373-85.e29. 2012..For youths with life-limiting conditions, little is known regarding families' understanding of their adolescent's wishes for end-of-life (EOL) care...
- Executive Functioning in Children and Adolescents With Perinatal HIV InfectionSharon L Nichols
From the Department of Neurosciences, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA Department of Biostatistics, Harvard T H Chan School of Public Health, Boston, MA Department of Pediatrics, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL Research Department, Children s Diagnostic and Treatment Center, Fort Lauderdale, FL Departments of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience and Pediatrics, University of Chicago Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL Department of Psychiatry, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, MA Department of Infectious Diseases, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN Division of General Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA Department of Epidemiology, Harvard T H Chan School of Public Health Center for Biostatistics in AIDS Research, Harvard T H Chan School of Public Health, Boston, MA and Departments of Psychiatry and Sociomedical Sciences, Columbia University, New York, NY
Pediatr Infect Dis J 34:969-75. 2015..We examined associations of EF with HIV infection, disease severity and other factors among youth with PHIV and perinatally HIV-exposed, uninfected youth (PHEU)...