Mitchell P Dombrowski
Affiliation: St. John Hospital and Medical Center
- Asthma and pregnancyMitchell P Dombrowski
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St John Hospital and Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48236, USA
Obstet Gynecol 108:667-81. 2006..Asthma medications should be continued during labor, and parturients should be encouraged to breastfeed...
- Asthma during pregnancyMitchell P Dombrowski
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48236, USA
Obstet Gynecol 103:5-12. 2004..The primary hypothesis was that moderate or severe asthmatics would have an increased incidence of delivery at <32 weeks of gestation compared with nonasthmatic controls...
- Randomized trial of inhaled beclomethasone dipropionate versus theophylline for moderate asthma during pregnancyMitchell P Dombrowski
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University, Detroit, Mich, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 190:737-44. 2004..This study was undertaken to compare the efficacy of inhaled beclomethasone dipropionate to oral theophylline for the prevention of asthma exacerbation(s) requiring medical intervention...
- Outcomes of pregnancy in asthmatic womenMitchell P Dombrowski
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St John Hospital, 22151 Moross Road, Suite 313, Detroit MI 48236, USA
Immunol Allergy Clin North Am 26:81-92. 2006..Poorly controlled asthma and severe asthma exacerbations can result in maternal morbidity and mortality, which can have commensurate adverse pregnancy outcomes...
- The effect of active and passive household cigarette smoke exposure on pregnant women with asthmaRoger B Newman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of South Carolina, Ste 634, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Chest 137:601-8. 2010..The article was designed to estimate the effect of active and passive household cigarette smoke exposure on asthma severity and obstetric and neonatal outcomes in pregnant women with asthma...
- A prospective masked observational study of uterine contraction frequency in twinsRoger B Newman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:1564-70. 2006..This study was undertaken to compare uterine contraction frequency in twins versus singletons and to determine if contraction frequency can be an efficient predictor of spontaneous preterm birth in twin gestations...
- Asthma in pregnancyMitchell P Dombrowski
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St John Hospital, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 53:301-10. 2010..The management of asthma during pregnancy should be based upon objective assessment, trigger avoidance, patient education, and step therapy. Asthma medications should be continued during pregnancy and while breast-feeding...
- Plasma CRH measurement at 16 to 20 weeks' gestation does not predict preterm delivery in women at high-risk for preterm deliveryBaha Sibai
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Cincinnati School of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 193:1181-6. 2005..The purpose of this study was to examine the utility of a single second-trimester plasma corticotropin-releasing hormone measurement as a marker for preterm delivery in women at high risk for preterm delivery...
- The impact of tobacco use on preterm premature rupture of the membranesRobert L Andres
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Am J Perinatol 30:185-90. 2013..To determine if tobacco use increases the incidence of preterm premature rupture of the membranes (pPROM) or alters perinatal outcomes after pPROM...
- Uterine contraction frequency before and after successful tocolytic therapy for preterm uterine contractionsRoger B Newman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of South Carolina, 96 Jonathan Lucas Street, Suite 634, P O Box 250619, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Reprod Med 48:843-9. 2003..To examine the association between prelabor uterine contraction frequency (UCF) and the success of tocolytic therapy for preterm labor (PTL)...
- Prevention of recurrent preterm delivery by 17 alpha-hydroxyprogesterone caproatePaul J Meis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
N Engl J Med 348:2379-85. 2003..The results of several small trials have suggested that 17 alpha-hydroxyprogesterone caproate (17P) may reduce the risk of preterm delivery...
- Sexual intercourse association with asymptomatic bacterial vaginosis and Trichomonas vaginalis treatment in relationship to preterm birthVincenzo Berghella
Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 187:1277-82. 2002....
- Asthma morbidity during pregnancy can be predicted by severity classificationMichael Schatz
Department of Allergy, Kaiser Permanente, San Diego, CA 92111, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 112:283-8. 2003....
- ACOG practice bulletin: clinical management guidelines for obstetrician-gynecologists number 90, February 2008: asthma in pregnancyMitchell P Dombrowski
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Washington, DC 20090 6920, USA
Obstet Gynecol 111:457-64. 2008..The purpose of this document is to review the best available evidence about the management of asthma during pregnancy...
- The relationship of asthma medication use to perinatal outcomesMichael Schatz
Allergy Department, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, 7060 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard, San Diego, CA 92111, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 113:1040-5. 2004..Maternal asthma has been reported to increase the risk of preeclampsia, preterm deliveries, and lower-birth-weight infants, but the mechanisms of this effect are not defined...
- Spirometry is related to perinatal outcomes in pregnant women with asthmaMichael Schatz
Department of Allergy, Kaiser Permanente, San Diego, CA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 194:120-6. 2006..The purpose of this study was to test the hypothesis that maternal asthma symptoms and pulmonary function are related to adverse perinatal outcomes...
- The NICHD-MFMU antibiotic treatment of preterm PROM study: impact of initial amniotic fluid volume on pregnancy outcomeBrian M Mercer
NICHD MFMU Network, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 194:438-45. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the associations between measured amniotic fluid volume and outcome after preterm premature rupture of membranes (PROM)...
- Frequency of uterine contractions in asymptomatic pregnant women with or without a short cervix on transvaginal ultrasound scanVincenzo Berghella
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology at Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:1253-6. 2004....
- Is bacterial vaginosis a stronger risk factor for preterm birth when it is diagnosed earlier in gestation?Mark A Klebanoff
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 192:470-7. 2005..However, this contention is based on small numbers of women...
- Progesterone for prevention of recurrent preterm birth: impact of gestational age at previous deliveryCatherine Y Spong
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, MD, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 193:1127-31. 2005..We hypothesized that treatment with 17-OHP caproate is more effective in prolonging pregnancy depending on the gestational age of the earliest previous preterm birth (20-27.9, 28-33.9 vs 34-36.9 weeks)...