Miguela A Caniza
Affiliation: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Establishment of ethical oversight of human research in El Salvador: lessons learnedMiguela A Caniza
St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Lancet Oncol 7:1027-33. 2006..This model of interaction can also be used by institutions in high-income countries to create and strengthen the capacity for ethics in human research in low-income countries...
- Effective hand hygiene education with the use of flipcharts in a hospital in El SalvadorM A Caniza
Department of Infectious Diseases and International Outreach Program, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105 2794, USA
J Hosp Infect 65:58-64. 2007..Although the use of flipcharts requires a skilled and well-trained instructor, flipcharts could be used more widely to deliver education in resource-poor settings...
- Planning and implementation of an infection control training program for healthcare providers in Latin AmericaMiguela A Caniza
International Outreach Program, Department of Infectious Diseases, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN, 38105 2794, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 28:1328-33. 2007..We collaboratively planned and implemented a multinational training course in San Salvador, El Salvador, to address this need...
- A practical guide to alcohol-based hand hygiene infrastructure in a resource-poor pediatric hospitalMiguela A Caniza
Department of Infectious Diseases, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105 3678, USA
Am J Infect Control 37:851-4. 2009..Alcohol-based HH can compensate for inadequate infrastructure and supplies. We describe the implementation of alcohol-based HH in five high-risk wards of a pediatric hospital in El Salvador...
- The controversy of varicella vaccination in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemiaMiguela A Caniza
Department of Infectious Diseases, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105 2794, USA
Pediatr Blood Cancer 58:12-6. 2012..There is little available data to allow a comparison of the risk versus benefit of vaccinating these patients...
- Challenges faced by research ethics committees in El Salvador: results from a focus group studyJonathan W Camp
Infectious Diseases Department, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 North Lauderdale St, Memphis, TN 38105 2794, USA
Dev World Bioeth 9:11-7. 2009..To identify perceived barriers to capacity building for local research ethics oversight in El Salvador, and to set an agenda for international collaborative capacity building...
- Improving waste segregation while reducing costs in a tertiary-care hospital in a lower-middle-income country in Central AmericaKyle M Johnson
Department of Infectious Diseases, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Waste Manag Res 31:733-8. 2013..Hospitals can benefit from maximising the use of available resources by sustaining best practices of HCW, especially those in hospitals in lower-middle-income countries...