Sanjiv S Agarwala
Affiliation: St. Luke's Hospital
- Current and future adjuvant immunotherapies for melanoma: blockade of cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen-4 as a novel approachSanjiv S Agarwala
Medical Oncology and Hematology, St Luke s Cancer Center, 801 Ostrum Street, Bethlehem, PA 18015, USA
Cancer Treat Rev 37:133-42. 2011..Here, we provide an overview of the current unmet needs in the adjuvant therapy of melanoma and evaluate the potential of CTLA-4 blockade as a future therapeutic option in this setting...
- An update on pegylated IFN-α2b for the adjuvant treatment of melanomaSanjiv S Agarwala
St Luke s Cancer Center, 801 Ostrum Street, Bethlehem, PA 18015, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 12:1449-59. 2012..In addition, emerging evidence suggests that PEG-IFN-α2b therapy may provide clinically significant overall survival benefit for selected high-risk patients...
- Meeting report: consensus from the first and second Global Workshops in Melanoma November 19-20, 2008Sanjiv S Agarwala
Oncology and Hematology, St Luke s Cancer Center, Bethlehem, PA, USA
Pigment Cell Melanoma Res 22:532-43. 2009....
- Everolimus (RAD001) in the treatment of advanced renal cell carcinoma: a reviewSanjiv S Agarwala
Oncology and Hematology, St Luke s Cancer Center, 801 Ostrum Street, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18015, USA
Oncologist 15:236-45. 2010..This review describes the clinical development of everolimus in advanced RCC and the rationale for the use of mTOR inhibitors after failure of VEGF/VEGFR inhibitors...
- Novel immunotherapies as potential therapeutic partners for traditional or targeted agents: cytotoxic T-lymphocyte antigen-4 blockade in advanced melanomaSanjiv S Agarwala
Medical Oncology and Hematology, St Luke s Cancer Center, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18015, USA
Melanoma Res 20:1-10. 2010..Novel combinations are reviewed in the context of creating an immunosupportive environment in the host...
- Current systemic therapy for metastatic melanomaSanjiv S Agarwala
St Luke s Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania, Bethlehem, PA, USA
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 9:587-95. 2009..Research is ongoing in exploring novel immunotherapeutic and targeted approaches. The status of recently completed and ongoing trials is discussed in this review...
- Safety and efficacy of arsenic trioxide for patients with advanced metastatic melanomaAhmad A Tarhini
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Cancer 112:1131-8. 2008..Arsenic trioxide (ATO) cytotoxicity and apoptosis induction has been demonstrated with numerous cancer cell lines, including human melanoma...
- Durable complete responses with high-dose bolus interleukin-2 in patients with metastatic melanoma who have experienced progression after biochemotherapyAhmad A Tarhini
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:3802-7. 2007..We conducted a phase II trial of high-dose bolus (HDB) interleukin-2 (IL-2) in patients with metastatic melanoma who had experienced progression after biochemotherapy (BCT)...
- Second-line treatment outcomes after first-line sunitinib therapy in metastatic renal cell carcinomaChi Chang Chen
Health Economics and Outcomes Research, IMS Health, Plymouth Meeting, PA, USA
Clin Genitourin Cancer 10:256-61. 2012..02-3.07]; P = .043). The results of this real-world data analysis suggest that the risk of second-line treatment failure after first-line sunitinib was significantly higher with temsirolimus and sorafenib compared with everolimus...
- LDH correlation with survival in advanced melanoma from two large, randomised trials (Oblimersen GM301 and EORTC 18951)Sanjiv S Agarwala
St Luke s Cancer Center, Bethlehem, PA 18015, USA
Eur J Cancer 45:1807-14. 2009..1xupper limit of normal (ULN)]. Each stratification factor was assessed for an interaction with treatment on survival and an interaction was detected only for LDH...
- Radiosurgery for the treatment of spinal melanoma metastasesPeter C Gerszten
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Stereotact Funct Neurosurg 83:213-21. 2005..This study evaluated the clinical efficacy of radiosurgery for the treatment of melanoma spinal metastases in 28 patients...
- Current experience with CTLA4-blocking monoclonal antibodies for the treatment of solid tumorsSanjiv S Agarwala
Department of Oncology and Hematology, St Luke s Cancer Center, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18015, USA
J Immunother 33:557-69. 2010....
- Novel agents in development for the treatment of melanomaAhmad A Tarhini
Division of Medical Oncology and Hematology, University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 14:885-92. 2005....
- Melanoma vaccinesLee B Riley
St Luke s Cancer Center, St Luke s Hospital and Health Network, 801 Ostrum Street, Bethlehem, PA 18015, USA
Expert Rev Vaccines 7:937-49. 2008..The objective of this review is to provide an overall summary of recent clinical trials with melanoma vaccines and highlight novel vaccine strategies to evaluate in the near future...
- Melanoma adjuvant therapyPrashanth M Thalanayar
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Chin Clin Oncol 3:26. 2014..Here, we review the standard of care melanoma adjuvant therapy along with the main completed, current and planned clinical trials. ..