Affiliation: SRI International
- Disinhibition of ventrolateral preoptic area sleep-active neurons by adenosine: a new mechanism for sleep promotionS Morairty
SRI International, Menlo Park, CA, USA
Neuroscience 123:451-7. 2004..AD application increased the firing rate in two of four cells tested. These data are consistent with the hypothesis that one mechanism which AD may promote sleep is by blocking inhibitory inputs on VLPO sleep-active neurons...
- Dual hypocretin receptor antagonism is more effective for sleep promotion than antagonism of either receptor aloneStephen R Morairty
Center for Neuroscience and Metabolic Disease Research, SRI International, Menlo Park, California, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e39131. 2012..In contrast to GABA receptor agonists which induce sleep by generalized inhibition, HCRTR antagonists seem to facilitate sleep by reducing waking "drive"...
- Selective 5HT2A and 5HT6 receptor antagonists promote sleep in ratsStephen R Morairty
Biosciences Division, SRI International, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Sleep 31:34-44. 2008..Serotonin (5-HT) has long been implicated in the control of sleep and wakefulness. This study evaluated the hypnotic efficacy of the 5-HT6 antagonist RO4368554 (RO) and the 5-HT2A receptor antagonist MDL100907 (MDL) relative to zolpidem...
- The wake-promoting effects of hypocretin-1 are attenuated in old ratsStephen R Morairty
Biosciences Division, SRI International, CA 94025, USA
Neurobiol Aging 32:1514-27. 2011..ICV infusions of hypocretin-2 (10 and 30 μg) produced fewer effects in both young and old rats. These data demonstrate that activation of a major sleep/wake regulatory pathway is attenuated in old rats...
- Age-related changes in histamine receptor mRNA levels in the mouse brainAkira Terao
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, SRI International, 333 Ravenswood Avenue, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Neurosci Lett 355:81-4. 2004....
- GABA(B) receptor-mediated modulation of hypocretin/orexin neurones in mouse hypothalamusXinmin Xie
Biosciences Division, SRI International, 333 Ravenswood Avenue, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
J Physiol 574:399-414. 2006....