L S Kim
Affiliation: Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Immunological activity of larch arabinogalactan and Echinacea: a preliminary, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialLinda S Kim
Research Department, Southwest College, Arizona, USA
Altern Med Rev 7:138-49. 2002..angustifolia and larch arabinogalactan extracted from Larix occidentalis were examined in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, prospective four-week clinical trial at a naturopathic medical school research center...
- Treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitis using homeopathic preparation of common allergens in the southwest region of the US: a randomized, controlled clinical trialLinda S Kim
Southwest College Research Institute, Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine and Health Sciences, Tempe, AZ 85282 1751, USA
Ann Pharmacother 39:617-24. 2005..Studies using homeopathy have reported beneficial effects from treating allergy-related conditions...
- Efficacy of methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) in osteoarthritis pain of the knee: a pilot clinical trialL S Kim
Southwest College Research Institute, Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine and Health Sciences, Tempe, AZ 85282, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 14:286-94. 2006..Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is a popular dietary supplement used as a single agent and in combination with other nutrients, and purported to be beneficial for arthritis. However, there is paucity of evidence to support the use of MSM...
- Efficacy of probiotics and nutrients in functional gastrointestinal disorders: a preliminary clinical trialLinda S Kim
Southwest College Research Institute, Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine and Health Sciences, 2140 East Broadway Road, Tempe, Arizona 85282 1751, USA
Dig Dis Sci 51:2134-44. 2006..Further investigations to explore the findings are discussed...
- The potential of 5-hydryoxytryptophan for hot flash reduction: a hypothesisJessica J Curcio
Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine, 2140 E Broadway Road, Tempe, AZ 85282, USA
Altern Med Rev 10:216-21. 2005..This article discusses the background information on hot flashes, SSRIs, tryptophan, and 5HTP, and possible clinical application of 5HTP for menopausal women with breast cancer risk...
- Hormone replacement therapy in menopausal women: Past problems and future possibilitiesJohn W Schmidt
Southwest College Research Institute, Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine, Tempe, Arizona, USA
Gynecol Endocrinol 22:564-77. 2006..Future studies should focus on relatively young women who begin estrogen supplement use near the start of menopause...
- A pilot study to examine a combination botanical for the treatment of menopausal symptomsDebi Smolinski
Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine and Health Sciences, Tempe, AZ 85282, USA
J Altern Complement Med 11:483-9. 2005..Certain botanicals are known to contain phytoestrogenic activity, which may be helpful in alleviating menopausal symptoms. We report the results of a study using a combination botanical supplement to treat menopausal symptoms...
- Comment: results of questionable relevance to homeopathyJune E Riedlinger
Ann Pharmacother 39:1580-1; author reply 1581. 2005