Gary A Piazza
Affiliation: Southern Research Institute
- A novel sulindac derivative that does not inhibit cyclooxygenases but potently inhibits colon tumor cell growth and induces apoptosis with antitumor activityGary A Piazza
Drug Discovery and Development Divisions, Southern Research Institute, Birmingham, Alabama 35205, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 2:572-80. 2009..These results indicate that SSA has potential safety and efficacy advantages for colon cancer chemoprevention as well as utility for treating malignant disease if combined with chemotherapy...
- A novel sulindac derivative that potently suppresses colon tumor cell growth by inhibiting cGMP phosphodiesterase and β-catenin transcriptional activityJason D Whitt
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 5:822-33. 2012..We conclude that PDE5 and possibly other cGMP degrading isozymes can be targeted to develop safer and more efficacious NSAID derivatives for colorectal cancer chemoprevention...
- Inhibition of PDE5 by sulindac sulfide selectively induces apoptosis and attenuates oncogenic Wnt/β-catenin-mediated transcription in human breast tumor cellsHeather N Tinsley
Drug Discovery Division, Southern Research Institute, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 4:1275-84. 2011..We conclude that PDE5 represents a novel molecular target for the discovery of safer and more efficacious drugs for breast cancer chemoprevention...
- A novel sulindac derivative inhibits lung adenocarcinoma cell growth through suppression of Akt/mTOR signaling and induction of autophagyEvrim Gurpinar
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 12:663-74. 2013..This unique mechanism of action, along with its increased potency and lack of COX inhibition, supports the development of SSA or related analogs for the prevention and/or treatment of lung cancer...
- Sulindac sulfide selectively inhibits growth and induces apoptosis of human breast tumor cells by phosphodiesterase 5 inhibition, elevation of cyclic GMP, and activation of protein kinase GHeather N Tinsley
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35205, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 8:3331-40. 2009..These data suggest that PDE5 inhibition is responsible for the breast tumor cell growth-inhibitory and apoptosis-inducing activity of SS and may contribute to the chemopreventive properties of sulindac...
- Niclosamide suppresses cancer cell growth by inducing Wnt co-receptor LRP6 degradation and inhibiting the Wnt/β-catenin pathwayWenyan Lu
Drug Discovery Division, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Southern Research Institute, Birmingham, Alabama, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e29290. 2011....
- Suppression of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling inhibits prostate cancer cell proliferationWenyan Lu
Department of Biochemistry, Drug Discovery Division, Southern Research Institute, 2000 Ninth Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35255 5305, United States
Eur J Pharmacol 602:8-14. 2009..Together, these results suggest that small molecules that inhibit Wnt/beta-catenin signaling have therapeutic potential for the prevention or treatment of prostate cancer...
- cGMP Phosphodiesterase, a Novel Chemoprevention TargetGary Piazza; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, cGMP and cAMP levels will be measured in tumors and plasma samples from this study to determine if PDE inhibition occurs in vivo and the utility of cyclic nucleotides as biomarkers. ..
- A Novel HTS Cell-Based Assay For Cyclic GMPGary Piazza; Fiscal Year: 2007..Towards this goal, we propose to develop an innovative cell-based assay involving a fluorescence cGMP biosensor for high throughput screening. [unreadable]..
- A novel sulindac derivative for colon cancer chemopreventionGary Piazza; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Southern Research Molecular Libraries Screening Center (SRMLSC)Gary Piazza; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..