Affiliation: Southern Illinois University School of Medicine
- Ginseng, sex behavior, and nitric oxideLaura L Murphy
Department of Physiology, Southern Illinois University, School of Medicine, Carbondale, Illinois 62901, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 962:372-7. 2002..Thus, animal studies lend growing support for the use of ginseng in the treatment of sexual dysfunction and provide increasing evidence for a role of nitric oxide in the mechanism of ginsenoside action...
- Extraction-dependent effects of American ginseng (Panax quinquefolium) on human breast cancer cell proliferation and estrogen receptor activationMandy L King
Department of Physiology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Carbondale, Illinois 62901 6523, USA
Integr Cancer Ther 5:236-43. 2006....
- American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius L.) extract alters mitogen-activated protein kinase cell signaling and inhibits proliferation of MCF-7 cellsMandy L King
Department of Physiology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine Carbondale, IL 62902 6523, USA
J Exp Ther Oncol 6:147-55. 2007..This novel mechanism has implications in the potential prevention and treatment of breast cancer...
- American Ginseng inhibits induced COX-2 and NFKB activation in breast cancer cellsElizabeth A Peralta
Department of Surgery, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois 62794 9638, USA
J Surg Res 157:261-7. 2009..We hypothesized that AG extract decreases proliferation of human breast cancer cells via an anti-inflammatory effect applicable to the prevention of breast and other cancers...
- The influence of lead and arsenite on the inhibition of human breast cancer MCF-7 cell proliferation by American ginseng root (Panax quinquefolius L.)Rebecca Corbit
Department of Plant Biology, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Carbondale, IL 62901, USA
Life Sci 78:1336-40. 2006..These results suggest that contaminant heavy metals, some of which have been detected in ginseng root extracts or commercial ginseng preparations, may alter the biological activity of ginseng...
- Simplified extraction of ginsenosides from American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius L.) for high-performance liquid chromatography-ultraviolet analysisRebecca M Corbit
Department of Plant Biology, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Carbondale, Illinois 62901, USA
J Agric Food Chem 53:9867-73. 2005..All methods used one filtration step, omitted time-consuming cleanup, but maintained clear peak resolution by HPLC, and can be used for quantitative screening of ginsenosides from roots and commercial ginseng preparations...