MICHAL MATEUSZ MASTERNAK
Affiliation: Southern Illinois University School of Medicine
- Masternak M, Al Regaiey K, Del Rosario Lim M, Jimenez Ortega V, Panici J, Bonkowski M, et al. Effects of caloric restriction on insulin pathway gene expression in the skeletal muscle and liver of normal and long-lived GHR-KO mice. Exp Gerontol. 2005;40:679-84 pubmed..The results also show that improved insulin sensitivity in response to CR is not due to increased mRNA expression of the above genes in either normal or GHR-KO animals. ..
- Masternak M, Panici J, Bonkowski M, Hughes L, Bartke A. Insulin sensitivity as a key mediator of growth hormone actions on longevity. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2009;64:516-21 pubmed publisher..We also report that the effects of GH treatment on insulin sensitivity may be limited to the period of GH administration. ..
- Masternak M, Panici J, Wang F, Wang Z, Spong A. The effects of growth hormone (GH) treatment on GH and insulin/IGF-1 signaling in long-lived Ames dwarf mice. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2010;65:24-30 pubmed publisher..This suggests that improving growth of these animals may negatively affect both their healthspan and longevity by causing insulin resistance. ..
- Masternak M, Al Regaiey K, Bonkowski M, Panici J, Sun L, Wang J, et al. Divergent effects of caloric restriction on gene expression in normal and long-lived mice. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2004;59:784-8 pubmed..Moreover, effects of dwarfism on the expression of the examined genes differed from the effects of CR, thus adding to the evidence that these long-lived mutants are not CR mimetics. ..
- Masternak M, Al Regaiey K, Bonkowski M, Panici J, Bartke A. Effect of every other day feeding diet on gene expression in normal and in long-lived Ames dwarf mice. Exp Gerontol. 2005;40:491-7 pubmed..The results indicate that EOD produces some changes in the insulin and IGF1 signaling pathways, and that these changes are consistent with EOD increasing insulin sensitivity. ..
- Masternak M, Al Regaiey K, Del Rosario Lim M, Jimenez Ortega V, Panici J, Bonkowski M, et al. Caloric restriction and growth hormone receptor knockout: effects on expression of genes involved in insulin action in the heart. Exp Gerontol. 2006;41:417-29 pubmed....