S K Hull
Affiliation: Southern Illinois University School of Medicine
- Exploring outcomes associated with acupunctureSharon K Hull
Department of Family Medicine, UNC School of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
J Altern Complement Med 12:247-54. 2006..The objective was to explore various methods of assessing clinically meaningful change associated with a course of acupuncture treatments...
- A prevalence study of faith-based healing in the rural southeastern United StatesSharon K Hull
Department of Medical Humanities, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, PO Box 19620, Springfield, Illinois 62794 9603, USA
South Med J 99:644-53. 2006..Although prayer and other spiritual practices are common among residents of the rural south, the use of faith-based healers (FBH), or healers who use prayer as their primary healing modality, has not been explored in this population...
- Abnormal uterine bleedingJanet R Albers
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois 62702, USA
Am Fam Physician 69:1915-26. 2004..Menorrhagia is managed most effectively with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or the levonorgestrel intrauterine contraceptive device. Surgical management may include hysterectomy or less invasive, uterus-sparing procedures...
- How to manage difficult patient encountersSharon K Hull
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL, USA
Fam Pract Manag 14:30-4. 2007
- Effect of gender, age, and relevant course work on attitudes toward empathy, patient spirituality, and physician wellnessLisabeth F DiLalla
Teach Learn Med 16:165-70. 2004..The emphasis in medical education on viewing the patient as a whole person addresses current concerns about the negative impact of standard physician training that may lead to impaired patient-physician relationships...