Ellen B Dennehy
Affiliation: Southern Methodist University
- Development of the Brief Bipolar Disorder Symptom Scale for patients with bipolar disorderEllen B Dennehy
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Psychiatry Res 127:137-45. 2004..The BDSS demonstrated superior sensitivity to symptom change, and an excellent level of agreement for classification of patients as either responders or non-responders with the BPRS24...
- Development of a computerized assessment of clinician adherence to a treatment guideline for patients with bipolar disorderEllen B Dennehy
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
J Psychiatr Res 38:285-94. 2004..Preliminary findings using this system with 2035 clinical visits conducted for the bipolar disorder module of TMAP Phase 3 are presented. These data indicate that this system of guideline adherence monitoring is feasible...
- Implementation of the Texas Medication Algorithm Project patient and family education programMarcia G Toprac
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1362-72. 2006..The extent of participation, types of psychoeducation received, and predictors of receiving at least a minimum level of education are presented...
- The Texas implementation of medication algorithms: update to the algorithms for treatment of bipolar I disorderTrisha Suppes
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9121, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 66:870-86. 2005..The guidelines for evaluating possible medications, the criteria for selection and ranking, and the updated algorithms are described...
- Texas Medication Algorithm Project, phase 3 (TMAP-3): clinical results for patients with a history of maniaTrisha Suppes
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, 75390 9070, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 64:370-82. 2003....
- Correlates of functioning in bipolar disorderLaszlo Gyulai
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Psychopharmacol Bull 41:51-64. 2008..Our primary aim was to describe unique correlates of functioning in bipolar disorder (BD)...
- Retrospective age at onset of bipolar disorder and outcome during two-year follow-up: results from the STEP-BD studyRoy H Perlis
Bipolar Clinical and Research Program, Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, ACC 812 15 Parkman Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Bipolar Disord 11:391-400. 2009..Symptoms of bipolar disorder are increasingly recognized among children and adolescents, but little is known about the course of bipolar disorder among adults who experience childhood onset of symptoms...
- Omega-3 fatty acids in bipolar disorder: clinical and research considerationsLauren B Marangell
Mood Disorders Center, Menninger Department of Psychiatry, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 75:315-21. 2006..Our pilot trial of DHA in women who plan to stop conventional psychotropics in order to conceive suggests that such trials are feasible...
- Evidence-based long-term treatment of bipolar II disorderTrisha Suppes
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75390 9070, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 63:29-33. 2002..A review of the limited and sometimes contradictory information stresses that more research is needed into prophylactic and maintenance treatment of bipolar II disorder...
- Assessment of beliefs in the effectiveness of acupuncture for treatment of psychiatric symptomsEllen B Dennehy
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390 9070, USA
J Altern Complement Med 8:421-5. 2002..The Acupuncture Beliefs Scale was developed to assess belief in the efficacy of acupuncture for both physical and psychiatric symptoms and conditions. Development and psychometric properties of the scale are described...
- Case-control analyses of the impact of pharmacotherapy on prospectively observed suicide attempts and completed suicides in bipolar disorder: findings from STEP-BDLauren B Marangell
Mood Disorders Center, Menninger Department of Psychiatry, Baylor College of Medicine and South Central Mental Illness Research and Education Core, Department of Veterans Affairs, Houston, Tex, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:916-22. 2008....
- Does provider adherence to a treatment guideline change clinical outcomes for patients with bipolar disorder? Results from the Texas Medication Algorithm ProjectEllen B Dennehy
Department of Psychological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2081, USA
Psychol Med 35:1695-706. 2005..The current study describes one effort to measure these relationships in a cohort of public sector out-patients with bipolar disorder...
- Report of the Texas Consensus Conference Panel on medication treatment of bipolar disorder 2000Trisha Suppes
Department of Psychiatry The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Dallas, 75390 9070, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 63:288-99. 2002....
- Are antidepressants associated with new-onset suicidality in bipolar disorder? A prospective study of participants in the Systematic Treatment Enhancement Program for Bipolar Disorder (STEP-BD)Mark S Bauer
Providence Veterans Affairs Medical Center and the Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Brown University, VAMC 116R, 830 Chalkstone Avenue, Providence, R I 02908 4799, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:48-55. 2006..However, few data are available to inform the suicidality risk assessment of antidepressant use specifically in bipolar disorder...
- Demographic and diagnostic characteristics of the first 1000 patients enrolled in the Systematic Treatment Enhancement Program for Bipolar Disorder (STEP-BD)Jane N Kogan
Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Bipolar Disord 6:460-9. 2004..The current report provides a context for interpreting studies resulting from STEP-BD by summarizing the baseline demographic and diagnostic characteristics of the first 1000 enrolled...
- Prospective predictors of suicide and suicide attempts in 1,556 patients with bipolar disorders followed for up to 2 yearsLauren B Marangell
Mood Disorders Center, Menninger Department of Psychiatry, Baylor College of Medicine and the Department of Veterans Affairs, VISN 16 MIRECC, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Bipolar Disord 8:566-75. 2006....
- Effectiveness of adjunctive antidepressant treatment for bipolar depressionGary S Sachs
Bipolar Clinic and Research Program, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
N Engl J Med 356:1711-22. 2007..Our study was designed to determine whether adjunctive antidepressant therapy reduces symptoms of bipolar depression without increasing the risk of mania...
- Self-reported history of manic/hypomanic switch associated with antidepressant use: data from the Systematic Treatment Enhancement Program for Bipolar Disorder (STEP-BD)Christine J Truman
Finney Psychotherapy Associates, Norfolk, VA, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 68:1472-9. 2007....
- Self-reported participation in nonpharmacologic treatments for bipolar disorderEllen B Dennehy
J Clin Psychiatry 65:278. 2004
- The efficacy of olanzapine monotherapy for acute hypomania or mania in an outpatient settingEllen B Dennehy
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Bipolar Disorder Clinic and Research Program, 75390, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 18:143-5. 2003..Furthermore, it highlights that those medications effective at one end of the mood spectrum may not be equally or simultaneously effective with other symptoms, emphasizing the complexity of treating bipolar illness...