Yong Kyu Chu
Affiliation: Southern Research Institute
- Phylogenetic and geographical relationships of hantavirus strains in eastern and western ParaguayYong Kyu Chu
Emerging Infectious Disease Program, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Southern Research Institute, Birmingham, AL 35205, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 75:1127-34. 2006..AAI was found in areas experiencing rapid land cover fragmentation and change within the Interior Atlantic Forest. IP37/38 did not show any strong association with any of the known hantavirus strains...
- Activity of ribavirin against Hantaan virus correlates with production of ribavirin-5'-triphosphate, not with inhibition of IMP dehydrogenaseYanjie Sun
Southern Research Institute, 2000 Ninth Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35205, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:84-8. 2007..These results suggest that the inhibition of IMP dehydrogenase by RBV is of secondary importance to the inhibition of vRNA replication by RBV and that the interaction of RBV-TP with the viral polymerase is the primary action of RBV...
- Genetic characterization and phylogeny of a hantavirus from Western MexicoYong Kyu Chu
Emerging Infectious Disease Research Program, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Southern Research Institute, 2000 Ninth Avenue S, Birmingham, AL 35255 5305, USA
Virus Res 131:180-8. 2008..This and phylogenetic analysis of the M and S segments suggests that ORO virus is a unique genotype within Hantavirus...
- Dynein-dependent transport of the hantaan virus nucleocapsid protein to the endoplasmic reticulum-Golgi intermediate compartmentHarish N Ramanathan
Graduate Program in Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Virol 81:8634-47. 2007....
- Sympatry of 2 hantavirus strains, paraguay, 2003-2007Yong Kyu Chu
Southern Research Institute, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 15:1977-80. 2009..We detected Jabora virus and Itapua37/Juquitiba-related virus in locations approximately 20 m apart in different years, which suggested sympatry of 2 distinct hantaviruses...
- The SARS-CoV ferret model in an infection-challenge studyYong Kyu Chu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Southern Research Institute, Birmingham, AL, USA
Virology 374:151-63. 2008..This study supports the validity of the ferret model for use in evaluating efficacy of potential therapeutics to treat SARS...
- Synthesis of 1-beta-D-ribofuranosyl-3-ethynyl-[1,2,4]triazole and its in vitro and in vivo efficacy against HantavirusDONG HOON CHUNG
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Southern Research Institute, Birmingham, AL 35205, USA
Antiviral Res 79:19-27. 2008..ETAR is an exciting and promising lead compound that will be elaborated in further synthetic investigations as a framework for the rational design of new antivirals for treatment of HFRS...