Karen E Broquet
Affiliation: Southern Illinois University School of Medicine
- Helping international medical graduates engage in effective feedbackKaren E Broquet
Dept of Psychiatry, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL, USA
Acad Psychiatry 36:282-7. 2012..The authors review basic tenets of effective feedback delivery in the context of potential challenges faced by (non-United States) international medical graduates (IMGs)...
- Teaching residents and program directors about physician impairmentKaren E Broquet
Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Office of Residency Affairs, P O Box 19656, Springfield, IL 62794 9656, USA
Acad Psychiatry 28:221-5. 2004..The authors describe a curriculum for educating PGY-1s and residency program directors about physician impairment...
- Leadership: from a psychiatric to an institutional perspectiveKaren E Broquet
SIU Office of Residency Affairs, and School of Medicine, Southern Illinois University, PO Box 19656, Springfield, IL 62794 9656, USA
Acad Psychiatry 30:289-91. 2006
- Clinical skills verification in general psychiatry: recommendations of the ABPN Task Force on Rater TrainingMichael D Jibson
Dept of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Acad Psychiatry 36:363-8. 2012..This article reviews the specific requirements for the CSV experience within general residency programs, and briefly describes the recommendations of the task force for faculty training and program implementation...
- Systems-based aspects in the training of IMG or previously trained residents: comparison of psychiatry residency training in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India, and NigeriaGaurav Jain
Dept of Internal Medicine andPsychiatry, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL, USA
Acad Psychiatry 36:307-15. 2012..S. to that of Canada, the United Kingdom, India, and Nigeria. The study also highlights the systems-based features that may have an impact on the adaptation of IMGs (especially previously-trained) to U.S. psychiatry residency...
- Residency programs and psychotherapy competencies: a survey of chief residentsKhurshid A Khurshid
Department of Neurology, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Avenue, MC 2030, Chicago, IL 60637 1470, USA
Acad Psychiatry 29:452-8. 2005..To survey chief residents' opinion about various aspects of psychotherapy competency determination...