Kenneth N Sokolski
- Adjunctive quetiapine in bipolar patients partially responsive to lithium or valproateKenneth N Sokolski
Department of Psychiatry, Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, Long Beach, CA 90822, USA
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 27:863-6. 2003..Side effects were mild and transitory including sedation and dizziness. Low-dose quetiapine may be a useful and well-tolerated adjunct for some bipolar patients with incomplete response to lithium or valproate...
- Exacerbation of mania secondary to right temporal lobe astrocytoma in a bipolar patient previously stabilized on valproateKenneth N Sokolski
VA Long Beach Healthcare System, Mental Health Care Group, Long Beach, California 90822, USA
Cogn Behav Neurol 16:234-8. 2003..To investigate breakthrough mania secondary to a right temporal lobe neoplasm in a bipolar patient previously stabilized on sodium divalproex...
- Once-daily high-dose pindolol for SSRI-refractory depressionKenneth N Sokolski
VA Long Beach Healthcare System, 5901 East 7th Street 06 116a, Long Beach, CA 90822, USA
Psychiatry Res 125:81-6. 2004..In addition, results reported here suggest that a single high dose of pindolol (7.5 mg) is a more effective augmentation strategy in SSRI-refractory patients compared with the same total dose given at 2.5 mg tid...
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor-related extrapyramidal symptoms in autistic children: a case seriesKenneth N Sokolski
Mental Health Care Group, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Long Beach, California, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 14:143-7. 2004..Videotapes, physician notes, and parental interviews were used retrospectively to rate symptoms on the Extrapyramidal Symptom Rating Scale. Findings suggest that EPS is a potential complication of SSRI treatment in autistic children...
- Quetiapine for insomnia associated with refractory depression exacerbated by phenelzineKenneth N Sokolski
Mood Disorders Clinic, Veterans Affairs Long Beach Healthcare System, Long Beach, CA 90822, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:567-70. 2006..To report the successful treatment of phenelzine-associated insomnia with low-dose quetiapine in a patient with refractory depression...
- Quetiapine for treatment of refractory symptoms of combat-related post-traumatic stress disorderKenneth N Sokolski
Long Beach VA Health Care System, Mental Health Care Group, Long Beach, CA, USA
Mil Med 168:486-9. 2003..Low doses of quetiapine (mean = 155 +/- 130 mg) were associated with minimal side effects. These results, although retrospective, suggest that augmentative quetiapine may benefit some refractory symptoms of PTSD in combat veterans...
- Adjunctive aripiprazole in bipolar I depressionKenneth N Sokolski
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 41:35-40. 2007..Aripiprazole has demonstrated efficacy in treatment of bipolar mania, as well as in the maintenance treatment of bipolar disorder. There has been only one report supporting a role for this agent in the depressed phase of the illness...
- Impulsive aggressive behavior: open-label treatment with citalopramChristopher Reist
Mental Health Care Group, VA Long Beach Healthcare System and Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of California, Irvine, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 64:81-5. 2003....
- Adjunctive aripiprazole for bupropion-resistant major depressionKenneth N Sokolski
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 42:1124-9. 2008..To examine the effects of adjunctive aripiprazole in patients with major depression refractory to adequate therapy with bupropion...
- Remission of chronic severe selective serotonin-reuptake inhibitor/selective norepinephrine-reuptake inhibitor refractory depression following adjunctive aripiprazoleKenneth N Sokolski
Ann Pharmacother 42:1348-9. 2008
- Conditions with serotonergic dysregulation more common in autistic familiesKenneth N Sokolski
Autism 7:227-9. 2003
- Urinary retention following repeated high-dose quetiapineKenneth N Sokolski
Ann Pharmacother 38:899-900. 2004