Kenneth N Sokolski
- Adjunctive aripiprazole in bipolar I depressionKenneth N Sokolski
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 41:35-40. 2007..Aripiprazole has demonstrated efficacy in treatment of bipolar mania, as well as in the maintenance treatment of bipolar disorder. There has been only one report supporting a role for this agent in the depressed phase of the illness...
- Combination loxapine and aripiprazole for refractory hallucinations in schizophreniaKenneth N Sokolski
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, The University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 45:e36. 2011..To document the effects of combining loxapine with aripiprazole for refractory hallucinations in 2 patients with chronic schizophrenia...
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor-related extrapyramidal symptoms in autistic children: a case seriesKenneth N Sokolski
Mental Health Care Group, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Long Beach, California, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 14:143-7. 2004..Videotapes, physician notes, and parental interviews were used retrospectively to rate symptoms on the Extrapyramidal Symptom Rating Scale. Findings suggest that EPS is a potential complication of SSRI treatment in autistic children...
- Adjunctive quetiapine in bipolar patients partially responsive to lithium or valproateKenneth N Sokolski
Department of Psychiatry, Veterans Affairs Healthcare System, Long Beach, CA 90822, USA
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 27:863-6. 2003..Side effects were mild and transitory including sedation and dizziness. Low-dose quetiapine may be a useful and well-tolerated adjunct for some bipolar patients with incomplete response to lithium or valproate...
- Exacerbation of mania secondary to right temporal lobe astrocytoma in a bipolar patient previously stabilized on valproateKenneth N Sokolski
VA Long Beach Healthcare System, Mental Health Care Group, Long Beach, California 90822, USA
Cogn Behav Neurol 16:234-8. 2003..To investigate breakthrough mania secondary to a right temporal lobe neoplasm in a bipolar patient previously stabilized on sodium divalproex...
- Once-daily high-dose pindolol for SSRI-refractory depressionKenneth N Sokolski
VA Long Beach Healthcare System, 5901 East 7th Street 06 116a, Long Beach, CA 90822, USA
Psychiatry Res 125:81-6. 2004..In addition, results reported here suggest that a single high dose of pindolol (7.5 mg) is a more effective augmentation strategy in SSRI-refractory patients compared with the same total dose given at 2.5 mg tid...
- Quetiapine for insomnia associated with refractory depression exacerbated by phenelzineKenneth N Sokolski
Mood Disorders Clinic, Veterans Affairs Long Beach Healthcare System, Long Beach, CA 90822, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:567-70. 2006..To report the successful treatment of phenelzine-associated insomnia with low-dose quetiapine in a patient with refractory depression...
- Quetiapine for treatment of refractory symptoms of combat-related post-traumatic stress disorderKenneth N Sokolski
Long Beach VA Health Care System, Mental Health Care Group, Long Beach, CA, USA
Mil Med 168:486-9. 2003..Low doses of quetiapine (mean = 155 +/- 130 mg) were associated with minimal side effects. These results, although retrospective, suggest that augmentative quetiapine may benefit some refractory symptoms of PTSD in combat veterans...
- Adjunctive aripiprazole for bupropion-resistant major depressionKenneth N Sokolski
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 42:1124-9. 2008..To examine the effects of adjunctive aripiprazole in patients with major depression refractory to adequate therapy with bupropion...
- The impact of neurocognitive impairment on occupational recovery of clinically stable patients with bipolar disorder: a prospective studyCarrie E Bearden
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, The David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Bipolar Disord 13:323-33. 2011..The reasons for this are not well understood. We evaluated the relationship between neurocognition and occupational function in bipolar disorder patients, following symptomatic recovery...
- Impulsive aggressive behavior: open-label treatment with citalopramChristopher Reist
Mental Health Care Group, VA Long Beach Healthcare System and Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of California, Irvine, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 64:81-5. 2003....
- Remission of chronic severe selective serotonin-reuptake inhibitor/selective norepinephrine-reuptake inhibitor refractory depression following adjunctive aripiprazoleKenneth N Sokolski
Ann Pharmacother 42:1348-9. 2008
- Urinary retention following repeated high-dose quetiapineKenneth N Sokolski
Ann Pharmacother 38:899-900. 2004
- Conditions with serotonergic dysregulation more common in autistic familiesKenneth N Sokolski
Autism 7:227-9. 2003