Affiliation: Social Science Research and Evaluation
- The ethics of interrogation and the American Psychological Association: a critique of policy and processBrad Olson
Human Development and Social Policy, Northwestern University, 2120 Campus Drive, Evanston, Illinois 60208, USA
Philos Ethics Humanit Med 3:3. 2008..We conclude with a discussion of more appropriate psychological contributions to national security and world peace that better respect and preserve human rights...
- The cigar as a drug delivery device: youth use of bluntsStephen Soldz
Social Science Research and Evaluation, Inc and Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis, Boston, MA, USA
Addiction 98:1379-86. 2003..We investigated rates of blunt use; whether cigar use reported in surveys may actually be blunt use; the relationship of blunt to cigar use; characteristics of blunt users; brands of cigars used to make blunts; and drugs added to blunts...
- Characteristics of users of cigars, bidis, and kreteks and the relationship to cigarette useStephen Soldz
Social Science Research and Evaluation, Inc, Brookline, MA 02446, USA
Prev Med 37:250-8. 2003..In the 1990s, youth use of alternative tobacco products including cigars, bidis, and kreteks increased. This article discusses the prevalence of youth use of cigars, bidis, and kreteks, and characteristics of users...
- Youth preferences for cigar brands: rates of use and characteristics of usersS Soldz
Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis, 1581 Beacon Street, Brookline, MA 02446, USA
Tob Control 12:155-60. 2003..Understanding brand preference among youth could help explain the attraction to cigars, and develop prevention strategies. This study reports on youth characteristics associated with preferences for cigar brands...
- Pathways through adolescent smoking: a 7-year longitudinal grouping analysisStephen Soldz
Health and Addictions Research, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Health Psychol 21:495-504. 2002..Results suggest that some clusters may respond to population-based antismoking interventions, whereas others (early escalators and continuous smokers) will probably require more focused interventions...
- Youth attitudes and beliefs toward alternative tobacco products: cigars, bidis, and kreteksStephen Soldz
Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis, Brookline, Massachusetts 02446, USA
Health Educ Behav 32:549-66. 2005..Because the study was conducted with a convenience sample in one state, results do not necessarily generalize...
- The reliability of the Massachusetts Substance Abuse Management Information SystemStephen Soldz
Health and Addictions Research, Inc, USA
J Clin Psychol 58:1057-69. 2002..At the same time, caution should be used in making judgments about individual patients...
- Decreased youth tobacco use in Massachusetts 1996 to 1999: evidence of tobacco control effectivenessStephen Soldz
Social Science Research and Evaluation, Inc, and Simmons College Graduate School of Social Work, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Tob Control 11:ii14-9. 2002..To evaluate tobacco control in Massachusetts through examining trends in youth tobacco use from 1996 to 1999...
- Pathways and prevention in tobacco useStephen Soldz
Addiction 100:733-4. 2005
- The impact of publicly funded managed care on adolescent substance abuse treatment outcomesBrooke S Harrow
New England Research Institutes NERI, Watertown, Massachusetts 02472, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 32:379-98. 2006..At the same time, the results do not support those who believe that the continuity of care and improved resource utilization claimed for managed care would improve outcomes...