Eric G Smith
- Antidepressant augmentation using the N-methyl-D-aspartate antagonist memantine: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialEric G Smith
Department of Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Ave North, Worcester, MA 01655
J Clin Psychiatry 74:966-73. 2013..We conducted a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of the NMDA antagonist memantine as an augmentation treatment for patients with DSM-IV major depressive disorder...
- Suicide risk assessment received prior to suicide death by Veterans Health Administration patients with a history of depressionEric G Smith
Department of Veterans Affairs, Health Services Research and Development, Center for Health Quality, Outcomes, and Economic Research Bedford Center of Excellence, Bedford, Massachusetts, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 74:226-32. 2013..To examine the quality of suicide risk assessment provided to veterans with a history of depression who died by suicide between 1999 and 2004...
- Validation of key behaviourally based mental health diagnoses in administrative data: suicide attempt, alcohol abuse, illicit drug abuse and tobacco useHyungjin Myra Kim
Center for Statistical Consultation and Research, 3555 Rackham, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1070, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 12:18. 2012....
- Using the patient safety indicators to detect potential safety events among US veterans with psychotic disorders: clinical and research implicationsEric G Smith
Center for Health Quality, Outcomes and Economic Research, ENRM VA Medical Center, 200 Springs Road, Bedford, MA 01730, USA
Int J Qual Health Care 24:321-9. 2012..We examined a nationwide sample of US Veteran's Health Administration (VHA) acute care inpatients to determine the rates observed among patients with psychotic disorders for a larger set of PSIs...
- Association between antidepressant half-life and the risk of suicidal ideation or behavior among children and adolescents: confirmatory analysis and research implicationsEric G Smith
Department of Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue, Worcester, MA 01655, United States
J Affect Disord 114:143-8. 2009....
- Treatment of Veterans with depression who died by suicide: timing and quality of care at last Veterans Health Administration visitEric G Smith
Veterans Health Administration VHA Health Services Research and Development Center for Health Quality, Outcomes, and Economic Research, Bedford, Massachusetts, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 72:622-9. 2011..To examine the recency and quality of the last Veterans Health Administration (VHA) visit for patients with depression who died by suicide...
- Antidepressant adequacy and work status among medicaid enrollees with disabilities: a restriction-based, propensity score-adjusted analysisEric G Smith
Center for Psychopharmacologic Research and Treatment, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Community Ment Health J 45:333-40. 2009..04, 95% CI = 1.01-9.62, P < .05). Among this sample of Medicaid enrollees with disability and depression, those receiving adequate antidepressant treatment were significantly more likely to report working...
- Association between consistent purchase of anticonvulsants or lithium and suicide risk: a longitudinal cohort study from Denmark, 1995-2001Eric G Smith
Center for Psychopharmacologic Research and Treatment, Department of Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA 610041
J Affect Disord 117:162-7. 2009..Prior studies suggest anticonvulsants purchasers may be at greater risk of suicide than lithium purchasers...