David A Smelson
- A double-blind placebo-controlled pilot study of risperidone for decreasing cue-elicited craving in recently withdrawn cocaine dependent patientsDavid A Smelson
Department of Veterans Affairs, VISN 3 Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, Bronx, NY, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 27:45-9. 2004..The results do not support the hypothesis that risperidone reduces cocaine craving among non-schizophrenic cocaine-dependent individuals...
- Risperidone decreases craving and relapses in individuals with schizophrenia and cocaine dependenceDavid A Smelson
Department of Veterans Affairs, VISN 3 Mental Illness, Research, Education and Clinical Center, Lyons, New Jersey, USA
Can J Psychiatry 47:671-5. 2002..To examine the efficacy of atypical neuroleptics for decreasing craving and drug relapses during protracted withdrawal in individuals dually diagnosed with schizophrenia and cocaine dependence...
- An analysis of cue reactivity among persons with and without schizophrenia who are addicted to cocaineDavid A Smelson
Department of Veterans Affairs Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center, VISN3, Bronx, NY, USA
Psychiatr Serv 53:1612-6. 2002..This study examined whether individuals with cocaine dependence and schizophrenia experience more cue-elicited craving than those without schizophrenia...
- Cognitive disparity in schizophrenics with and without cocaine dependencyDavid A Smelson
Department of Veterans Affairs, VISN 3 Mental Illness, Research, Education and Clinical Center, Bronx, NY 10451, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 24:75-9. 2003..However, a MANOVA failed to show group differences in overall neuropsychological performance. These findings are similar to the existing literature and suggest that cocaine may compromise motor functioning...
- The efficacy of olanzapine for decreasing cue-elicited craving in individuals with schizophrenia and cocaine dependence: a preliminary reportDavid A Smelson
Department of Veterans Affairs, New Jersey Health Care System, Lyons, NJ 07939 5000, USA
J Clin Psychopharmacol 26:9-12. 2006....
- Executive and motor skill functioning among cocaine-dependent schizophrenics and non-drug-abusing schizophrenicsDavid A Smelson
VA New Jersey Health Care System, Lyons and East Orange, New Jersey, MH and BS (116A, 151 Knollcroft Road, Lyons, New Jersey 07939, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 190:200-2. 2002
- The validity and reliability of a brief measure of cocaine cravingBradley D Sussner
Mental Health and Behavioral Sciences, Department of Veterans Affairs New Jersey Health Care System, Lyons Campus Bldg 143, 1521 Knollcroft Road, Lyons, NJ 07930 5000, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 83:233-7. 2006..This study sought to determine the psychometric properties of the CCQ-Brief, a measure composed of 10 items from the CCQ-Now, in treatment-seeking cocaine abusers...
- Pharmacological treatment of schizophrenia and co-occurring substance use disordersDavid A Smelson
Department of Veterans Affairs, Edith Nourse Rogers VA Hospital, Bedford, Massachusetts, USA
CNS Drugs 22:903-16. 2008....
- Antipsychotic treatment discontinuation among individuals with schizophrenia and co-occurring substance useDavid A Smelson
J Clin Psychopharmacol 26:666-7. 2006