Beth S Gershuny
Affiliation: Skidmore College
- Comorbid posttraumatic stress disorder: impact on treatment outcome for obsessive-compulsive disorderBeth S Gershuny
OCD Clinic and Research Unit, Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, 02129, USA
Am J Psychiatry 159:852-4. 2002..The study tested the effect of comorbid posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) on behavior therapy outcome for obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)...
- Trauma and posttraumatic stress disorder in treatment-resistant obsessive-compulsive disorderBeth S Gershuny
Department of Psychology, Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866, USA
Depress Anxiety 25:69-71. 2008..PTSD may be relatively common in individuals diagnosed with treatment-resistant OCD; and interpersonal traumas, MDD, and BPD may play a relatively strong predictive role in PTSD diagnosis and severity in such OCD patients...
- Current posttraumatic stress disorder and history of trauma in trichotillomaniaBeth S Gershuny
Department of Psychology, Skidmore College, 815 N Broadway, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866, USA
J Clin Psychol 62:1521-9. 2006..The authors also speculate that in traumatized individuals, TTM may represent a form of coping vis-à-vis self-soothing or self-harm...
- History of childhood abuse in panic disorder, social phobia, and generalized anxiety disorderSteven A Safren
Department of Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, MGH Psychiatry, WACC 815, 15 Parkman Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 190:453-6. 2002..These findings are discussed in terms of biological and behavioral factors that may influence the development of anxiety disorders after the experience of a traumatic event...
- The relationship between obsessive-compulsive and posttraumatic stress symptoms in clinical and non-clinical samplesJonathan D Huppert
Center for the Treatment and Study of Anxiety, University of Pennsylvania, 3535 Market St, Suite 600N, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Anxiety Disord 19:127-36. 2005..These results support the presence of a relationship between symptoms of OCD and PTSD that may be largely accounted for by a combination of symptom overlap and depression...
- Peritraumatic dissociation and PTSD severity: do event-related fears about death and control mediate their relation?Beth S Gershuny
Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, OCD Clinic and Research Unit, Charlestown 02129, USA
Behav Res Ther 41:157-66. 2003..Speculations about findings are discussed...
- Connections among symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder and posttraumatic stress disorder: a case seriesBeth S Gershuny
Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Psychiatry, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Behav Res Ther 41:1029-41. 2003..Speculations about the function of OCD symptoms in relation to post-traumatic psychopathology are put forth; and theoretical, research, and treatment implications are discussed...
- Treatment of pharmacotherapy-refractory posttraumatic stress disorder among Cambodian refugees: a pilot study of combination treatment with cognitive-behavior therapy vs sertraline aloneMichael W Otto
Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, WACC 812, 15 Parkman St, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Behav Res Ther 41:1271-6. 2003....
- Symptoms of posttraumatic stress and death anxiety in persons with HIV and medication adherence difficultiesSteven A Safren
Fenway Community Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 17:657-64. 2003..Anxiety, as manifested by PTSD symptoms should be routinely assessed among patients with HIV, and variables such as death anxiety, social support, and depression are appropriate targets for mental health interventions...