Affiliation: Skidmore College
- Drive for muscularity and beliefs about legal performance enhancing substances as predictors of current use and willingness to useTonya Dodge
Department of Psychology, Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866, USA
J Health Psychol 13:1173-9. 2008..Results also showed that negative and positive beliefs are mediators MB-PES use relationship. Neither the MB nor MBI subscales predicted willingness to use a new performance enhancing drug...
- Positive self-beliefs as a mediator of the relationship between adolescents' sports participation and health in young adulthoodTonya Dodge
Department of Psychology, Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, NY, USA
J Youth Adolesc 38:813-25. 2009..Findings highlight the utility of youths' participation in organized sports for promoting healthy outcomes. Implications for policy and practice are discussed...
- Influence of the dietary supplement health and education act on consumer beliefs about the safety and effectiveness of dietary supplementsTonya Dodge
Department of Psychology, Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, New York 12866, USA
J Health Commun 16:230-44. 2011..The authors discuss the implications for consumers in the United States and for public policy...
- The use of anabolic androgenic steroids and polypharmacy: a review of the literatureTonya Dodge
Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 114:100-9. 2011..A review of the literature was conducted to examine the relationship between the use of anabolic androgenic steroid (AAS) use and the use of other drugs...
- What makes consumers think dietary supplements are safe and effective? The role of disclaimers and FDA approvalTonya Dodge
Department of Psychology, George Washington University, Washington, DC 20052, USA
Health Psychol 26:513-7. 2007..The present study was designed to examine the effect of the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) regulatory framework on beliefs about the safety and effectiveness of a dietary supplement...
- Judging cheaters: is substance misuse viewed similarly in the athletic and academic domains?Tonya Dodge
Department of Psychology, The George Washington University, Washington, DC 20052, USA
Psychol Addict Behav 26:678-82. 2012..Contributions to the literature on zero-sum and non-zero-sum domains are discussed. Implications for future research and efforts to prevent substance misuse are described...
- Ethnic-racial differences in feelings of embarrassment associated with binge eating and fear of losing controlSarah Bennett
Department of Psychology, The George Washington University, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Int J Eat Disord 40:454-9. 2007..The present study examined binge eating related psychopathology in a nationally representative sample of White, Black, Native American, Asian, and Hispanic women...
- Do adolescents want to avoid pregnancy? Attitudes toward pregnancy as predictors of pregnancyJames Jaccard
Department of Psychology, University at Albany, State University of New York, Albany, New York 12222, USA
J Adolesc Health 33:79-83. 2003..Demographic correlates of pregnancy attitudes also were examined...
- Metacognition, risk behavior, and risk outcomes: the role of perceived intelligence and perceived knowledgeJames Jaccard
Department of Psychology, University at Albany, State University of New York, USA
Health Psychol 24:161-70. 2005....