P A Gurbel
Affiliation: Sinai Hospital of Baltimore
- Gurbel P, Kuliopulos A, Tantry U. G-protein-coupled receptors signaling pathways in new antiplatelet drug development. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2015;35:500-12 pubmed publisher..Greater understanding of the mechanisms of G-protein-coupled receptor-mediated signaling may allow the tailoring of antiplatelet therapy. ..
- Gurbel P, Bliden K, Fort J, Jeong Y, SHULDINER A, Chai S, et al. Spaced administration of PA32540 and clopidogrel results in greater platelet inhibition than synchronous administration of enteric-coated aspirin and enteric-coated omeprazole and clopidogrel. Am Heart J. 2013;165:176-82 pubmed publisher..These finding are directly relevant to the treatment for patients with high gastrointestinal risk who require dual-antiplatelet therapy and gastroprotection. ..
- Gurbel P, Bliden K, Logan D, Kereiakes D, Lasseter K, White A, et al. The influence of smoking status on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of clopidogrel and prasugrel: the PARADOX study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013;62:505-12 pubmed publisher..The Influence of Smoking Status on Prasugrel and Clopidogrel Treated Subjects Taking Aspirin and Having Stable Coronary Artery Disease; NCT01260584). ..
- Gurbel P, Bliden K, Butler K, Tantry U, Gesheff T, Wei C, et al. Randomized double-blind assessment of the ONSET and OFFSET of the antiplatelet effects of ticagrelor versus clopidogrel in patients with stable coronary artery disease: the ONSET/OFFSET study. Circulation. 2009;120:2577-85 pubmed publisher..Ticagrelor achieved more rapid and greater platelet inhibition than high-loading-dose clopidogrel; this was sustained during the maintenance phase and was faster in offset after drug discontinuation. ..
- Tantry U, Navarese E, Gurbel P. Does Gender have an Influence on Platelet Function and the Efficacy of Oral Antiplatelet Therapy?. Interv Cardiol Clin. 2012;1:223-230 pubmed publisher..In vitro studies support the attenuation of platelet function by estrogen. Sufficient data support the presence of gender differences in thrombogenicity to promote further investigation in this area. ..
- Gurbel P, Tantry U. The Role of Platelet Function Testing in Risk Stratification and Clinical Decision-Making. Interv Cardiol Clin. 2013;2:607-614 pubmed publisher..At this time, it seems most reasonable to assess platelet function in high-risk clopidogrel-treated patients. ..
- Gurbel P, Kreutz R, Bliden K, DiChiara J, Tantry U. Biomarker analysis by fluorokine multianalyte profiling distinguishes patients requiring intervention from patients with long-term quiescent coronary artery disease: a potential approach to identify atherosclerotic disease progression. Am Heart J. 2008;155:56-61 pubmed..The early implementation of a biomarker analysis may identify the patient at risk for plaque progression and refine the definition of "stable" angina. ..
- Tantry U, Bonello L, Aradi D, Price M, Jeong Y, Angiolillo D, et al. Consensus and update on the definition of on-treatment platelet reactivity to adenosine diphosphate associated with ischemia and bleeding. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013;62:2261-73 pubmed publisher..In addition, we propose cutoff values for high and low on-treatment platelet reactivity to ADP that might be used in future investigations of personalized antiplatelet therapy. ..
- Gurbel P, Bliden K, Antonino M, Stephens G, Gretler D, Jurek M, et al. The effect of elinogrel on high platelet reactivity during dual antiplatelet therapy and the relation to CYP2C19*2 genotype: first experience in patients. J Thromb Haemost. 2010;8:43-53 pubmed publisher..16%, P = 0.0004). HPR is reversibly overcome by a single 60-mg oral dose of elinogrel, a drug now being investigated in a phase 2 trial. CYP2C19*2 was associated with HPR during conventional dual antiplatelet therapy. ..