- Impact of increased use of laparoscopy on negative laparotomy rates after penetrating traumaRonald J Simon
Department of Surgery, Jacobi Medical Center, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Trauma 53:297-302; discussion 302. 2002..Despite early interest, laparoscopy was rarely used. Changes in 1995 resulted in an increase in interest and use of laparoscopy. We present our recent experience with laparoscopy...
- The impact of a new trauma center on an existing nearby trauma centerRonald Simon
NYU Medical Center, Bellevue Hospital Center, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Trauma 67:645-50. 2009..If provider skills deteriorate, there is a risk for increased mortality. This study examines how a new trauma center, in the Bronx, impacted a near-by trauma center...
- The World Trade Center attack. Lessons for disaster managementR Simon
Jacobi Medical Center, New York, USA
Crit Care 5:318-20. 2001..Much can be learned from the events of 11 September 2001. Natural and unnatural disasters will happen again, so it is critical that these lessons be learned. Proper preparation will undoubtedly save lives and resources...
- Vulnerable roadway users struck by motor vehicles at the center of the safest, large US cityLinda A Dultz
Departments of Surgery, Bellevue Hospital Center, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016 9196, USA
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 74:1138-45. 2013..This study aims to identify the demographics, behaviors, injuries, and outcomes of vulnerable roadway users struck by motor vehicles in New York City's congested central business district and surrounding periphery...
- A community traffic safety analysis of pedestrian and bicyclist injuries based on the catchment area of a trauma centerDekeya R Slaughter
From the Departments of Surgery D R S, N E G, R S, S R T, O S B, S J, C T W, G M, P A C, H L P, S G F, Emergency Medicine N W, S W, D A L, and Pediatrics D A L, Bellevue Hospital Center, New York University School of Medicine and Office of Research, Implementation and Safety M R, NYC Department of Transportation, New York, New York
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 76:1103-10. 2014..The primary objectives were to map crash locations and to identify hot spots within these injury clusters. The secondary objective was to quantify differences in injury severity based on road type and user behaviors...
- Elderly hip fracture patients admitted to the trauma service: does it impact patient outcome?Melvin E Stone
Jacobi Medical Center Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, USA
J Trauma 63:1348-52. 2007..We routinely admit our hip fracture patients to the Trauma Service (TS). The goal of this study is to see if this policy has had a positive impact on patient outcome...
- Alcohol use by pedestrians who are struck by motor vehicles: how drinking influences behaviors, medical management, and outcomesLinda A Dultz
Department of Surgery, New York University School of Medicine, Bellevue Hospital Center, New York, New York, USA
J Trauma 71:1252-7. 2011..The purpose of this study is to investigate the demographics of alcohol users who are struck by motor vehicles and to assess the effects of alcohol on pedestrian crossing patterns, medical management, and outcomes...
- In-house trauma attendings: a new financial benefit for hospitalsLinda A Dultz
Department of General Surgery, New York University Medical Center, Bellevue Hospital Center, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Trauma 68:1032-7. 2010..The purpose of this study is to identify how an in-house attending program was used for urgent GSC and to see if it provided a financial benefit to the hospital...